Thursday, October 23, 2014

An uncensored interview with Dane and Kai

I interviewed Dane and Kai today while lunch was cooking, just for amusement's sake. Here's their wisdom. I'll get Elijah and Haven in the next few days too...


What's the most special thing you can think of?
D: "Ummmm....it's....I think...it's a snake. A snake. No! It's not a snake. Ummmm....it's....I think it's....money."
M: (very intensely) "It's ummm...General Grievous. Wait. Not General Grievous. Mom, General Grievous is super heavy. Ummm...something about....ummm... (surprised) Mom, I can't think of anything."

What's something that makes you really happy?
D: (with a genuine smile at me) "My mother."
M: "My son, Apollo. Mom, Dad thinks Apollo isn't my son. Daddy isn't right."

What's something that would make you feel very worried or scared?
D: (nonchalantly) "Bears. Wolves. Tigers. Lions. Elephants. And anacondas. That's all."
M: "Mmmmm...dinosaurs? Actually. Wait no. That wouldn't. Maybe a deer. Actually no. A dinosaur wrecks. So that would make me scary. I would scream."

What is something that you would love to do?
D: "Play on Mommy or Daddy's phone. Actually, go to a waterslide!! Go to Carowinds! And ride rollercoasters."
M: "Go on a bike ride and play with my son. My son Apollo. And give Apollo my blankie."

What's your favorite thing to have for dinner?
D: "Waffles. I love waffles. And pancakes."
M: "Chicken nuggets. Chicken nuggets!!! Chicken nuggets. Mom--chicken nuggets. CHICKEN NUGGETS. Chiiiiiickennnnnnn nuuuuuuugetttts. So it says chick-en nug-gets."

What's the best part about school?
D: "Maybe...recess? Or centers. And when I get to 'King of the Jungle'."
M: "I'm not glad to go to preschool."

What's something you're really good at?
D: "Reading. And going on waterslides."
M: "Eating pasta and macaroni? And...wrecking Eli's helicopter."

What's something you really don't like?
D: (firmly) "Snot."
M: (sadly) "When Eli breaks my Lego creations." (At this answer, I asked, "Huh. Does he ever do that?" And Kai said assuredly, "No." I didn't think so. But...rock on, to his answer.)


Tell me something you think is really funny.
D: "You!"
M: "When Dane says bad words like 'stupid' and 'poopy' and I laugh."

What's your favorite color?
D: "Blue."
M: "Yeyow." (yellow)

What's something you're really proud of?
D: "Me! I don't know why. I just am."
M: "Jumping on the trampoline."

Tell me a story.
D: "Well. I really, really, really, really, really, really just can't think of a story right now. Just put whatever you want."
M: (mystified) "No. I really can't."

Who loves you?
D: "Mommy and Daddy. Grandpa. Great Grandpa. Great Grandma and Grandma."
M: "Daddy and Mommy. Spencer and Dane and Haven and Eli. Same-Same love me. And (sincerely confused) I heard...Grandma is stinky?" (He did not specify which grandma he had heard this about, but I responded, laughing: "Grandma isn't stinky, Kai." Kai: "Oh. I didn't know that.")


Spiderman (alter ego: Malachi Servino) and Apollo.
Mom and M.
Lunch with Dane at his school.
Dane.
This is one of my favorite-ever pictures of Dane. His face looks like pure joy to me.
And this one of Kai. What's not to love about water parks in the summer heat??

1 comment:

Kate said...

Your kids so rock! And that haircut is so perfect on you! Love, love, love!