Monday, January 13, 2014

4 yrs old

I love age 4. It's one of my favorites so far. It's like a whole year-ish of sweet, curious, talkative, creative, and not quiiiiiiite logical. For example, these conversations happened recently:

Haven: "Dane, want to play 'I'm Thinking of An Animal?' "
Dane: "Yeah, sure."
Haven: "You go first."
Dane: "Ok. What do I think of?"
Haven: "You can think of anything."
Dane: "Ok. I'm thinking of anything."
Haven: "No, you have to give a clue."
Dane: "Ok. It's water."
Haven: (getting a little exasperated) "No, don't tell me what it is!"
Dane: "Ok, ok. It's rain."

~ ~ ~

Dane: "Mom, what does S-O-P-A-L spell?"
Me: "Ummm...sopal."
Dane: "Is that really a word?"
Me: "No, I don't think so."
Dane: "What does it mean?"
Me: "Uhhhhh....."

~ ~ ~

Me: "Haven, does it make you feel happy or sad that we're moving to Texas this summer?"
Haven: "Well...I guess both. I'm happy that I will remember what it's like to be friends with Whitney and Stuart. But I'll miss my friends here."
Dane: "Well I'm EXCITED!!!! Except, I'm a liiiiittle bit sad, because I'll miss Dad."
Me: "Well, he's coming with us. Dad's moving to Texas too."
Dane: "Oh! Well, then nevermind."


Whaaaa????

I. love. this. age.

2 comments:

Becky said...

Dane conversations make me laugh. out. loud.

Tara said...

I love them. Dane is hilarious!