Conversation between my two oldest tonight:
Elijah: "Haven, guess what I did when you were taking a nap today???"
Haven: "What?"
Elijah: "I rode my bike all by myself with no training wheels!!"
Haven: "I want to ride MY bike with no training wheels."
Me: "You can--you'll learn someday."
Haven: "I already know how."
Me: "You know how to ride a bike with no training wheels?"
(she doesn't)
Haven: "Yes."
Elijah: "It's harder than you think, Haven."
Haven: "It's harder than YOU think!!!"
Somebody please save me now. She's me, in 35-pound form. I'm raising me. She thinks she has the ability to do anything simply because she wants to do it. Help! And also, Elijah is mini-Dave. Gently trying to bring her back to reality while secretly wondering if she's sane. This is exactly what David does to me when I get ideas about slapping a skylight in my roof or mosaic-ing my entire ceiling.
What do I do with her--I mean me??
4 comments:
please don't mosaic your entire ceiling.
Love her like crazy just like I do you. She is invincible and I think you are too. Both amazing!
LOL - your kids are so cute!
Your posts always make me smile. I think her(your) tenacity will be a great blessing to her all throughout her life, and to others as well.
Post a Comment