Today I...
- basked in the sun (over 70 degrees here today)
- read many pages in the fabulous book I'm reading
- played with my children outside
- finished off the brownies
- spent lots of time with a dear friend
- moved slowly and enjoyed my life
- watched Haven play outside in only underwear and shoes
-found a babysitter for Dave and I to have date night this weekend
Today I did not...
- answer emails
- catch up on my laundry
- clean up my bedroom
- make church-related phone calls
- go to the grocery store like I need to
- stress about a.ny.thing.
- have to clean up any puppy accidents (yet)
...and in the end, I think I spent my time very well today. I'm so grateful for a Heavenly Father who knows me, knows where my breaking point is, and knows that I very much needed a sunny day with no responsibilities. I take the gift of today very personally, in a great way.
When was the last time you had a day of only enjoying?
2 comments:
Reminds me of the what was my very first day of 3 kids on my own, and what had been 100 degree days instantly became a beautiful 80 degree day so that we could all go outside and stay sane. I remember feeling that there was divine intervention in the instant arrival of fall.
Love you :)
I love you!
I spent the very same day trying to figure out how to get a nap in while my kids were awake, while it snowed outside.
Post a Comment