Thursday, October 14, 2010

contentedness

Lately I've been feeling content and happy about...
.
* my very dear friend who is finally pregnant for the first time. She's going to be a rockstar of a mom!
.
* autumn weather. Simply breathtaking.
.
* having friends who will watch my two youngest babies all morning so I can help Elijah's class cook and watch his morning music program (I got choked up, as always). Five is a fantastic age.

.
* Three healthy babies. Two miscarriages in a row have made me feel all over again what a tremendous blessing each of our children is.

.

* feeling like I'm really settling into myself. Being 28 is so much better than being 18 was. More humor, less anxiety, more love, less being hard on myself (and David), more self-assuredness, less caring what anyone else thinks. Case in point: I dyed my hair dark brown, it turned out blackish. Now I am told by people who know, that all that's left to me is to cut it out as it grows. I don't feel upset. I just feel happy that I tried it..
* watching with interest each morning what outfit Haven will choose to wear. It is generally mismatched and includes numerous hair bows, lots of pink, and something gaudy. Three is a fantastic age..

* listening to Elijah read. Magical.
.

* listening to Dane have a near heart attack as he screams, "DADA!!!" each night when David walks in the door. They have a special bond. 15 months is a fantastic age. .
* discovering that a new friend lives like three blocks away. I like her. I like her kids. Her daughter likes to play princesses. Haven in in heaven.

.

* a marriage that is full of love and peace. We have worked so hard for what we have now. It wasn't always like it is now...but lots of time, tears, therapy, sacrifice, forgiveness, and a fresh start took us from the brink of disaster to a marriage I didn't even know was possible. It's just so great. And because of where we came from, the meaning of what we have now isn't lost on me. I feel overwhelmed with gratitude. We are blessed.

.
.

What are you feeling content about today?

4 comments:

natalie said...

I had black hair last year. And yes I was going for dark brown. It spiced things up a bit. :)
Enjoy every moment of hair bows and playing princess. I remember hoping that the princess fad would soon come to an end. Now that it's long gone, I miss it.

James Yvonne and Elise said...

Lindsey, I love reading your blog posts. You always remind me what the best parts of being a wife and mother are. I look up to you in so many ways and I hope to someday be half the person you are.
Your kids are adorable and I wish we were around so that Elise and Haven could play dress-ups together.

Ashlee Marie said...

I've learned that when it comes to hair color the worst thing you can do is a box. I don't mine chopping my own hair but the one thing I splurge on is going professional if I want to change my hair color! It's a good thing you ROCK short hair!

shauntel said...

How did I forget that we're the same age?! I agree, 28 is so much better than 18.