Friday, October 15, 2010

This is what I do all day

Here's how you can tell if you have a 15-month old in your house:
.
This happens to your bookshelf while you put your contacts in.
.
This happens to your dresser drawers while you shower.
.
This happens to your diaper basket while you get your five-year-old dressed for school. .
This happens to your kitchen floor while you load the dishwasher.
.
This face smiles up at you as you look around your house to assess the collective damage.
.
All in one morning.
Sigh.

4 comments:

Dave & Chels said...

I was nodding along to each picture as I scrolled down. Folded clothes, destroyed. Dirty clothes in the hamper, all over the bedroom floor. Bathroom drawers emptied out daily. It's a good thing they are cute, right? By the way, I LOVE it how you look at the positive side of everything that pertains to a mothers daily life. Reading your blog always makes me feel happier and really blessed. And grateful that my kid is not the only one who does these things.

Iverson Family said...

Lindsey, I just realized you had a blog! I will have to add you to our's! I am so glad our girls have become friends! Brooklyn really likes Haven. I am excited she has a girl friend now :)

Oh and thank you again for coming last night. I hope you enjoyed yourself and I hope you felt the Spirit!

Let's play next week!

Deep in the Heart of Texas said...

Random question - I remember talking with you once about a device you wear when you run and it counts your calories. Can it also tell you the distance you've run? I'm looking for something around those lines, so just let me know when you can!
(You can also e-mail me if you don't want to "blog-chat". It's chelsbennett75@hotmail.com
No rush. Not that I can imagine that you're busy or anything. :)

Melody C. Bondurant said...

Oh, such fun!!! He-he,
Gabriel was my baby that did that...and to some extent(in a 4yr old way) still does! :)

It's amazing how much THEY get done, while we're trying to cover the bases.

I used to feel bad that I wasn't CONSTANTLY monitoring my kids...then one day I realized, it was when I was doing things like say, going to the bathroom, getting dressed, puting on someones shoes...etc

Oh the JOYS...at least you remind me to think of it that way!!!

p.s. Oh, how I'd love a play-date with you and your kiddos