Yesterday Eli and I had the following conversation:
E: "Mom, how would you know if a monster sneaked into Dane's room and it was hiding in there?"
Me: "Well, that could never happen because monsters aren't real, remember? They're just pretend."
E: "I know, but how would you know if a pretend monster sneaked into Dane's room and it was hiding in there?
Uhhh...what?? Seems a bit Nietzsche-ish to me (who, by the way, had a laughably huge moustache), but...how would you have answered him?
5 comments:
Duh. You put on your pretend x-ray vision goggles to locate him before you pretend storm the bedroom with your pretend hot lava cannon. (Its like monster kryptonite.) I'm surprised you didn't know that.
I'm not sure how to answer a question like that, but I did want to say I keep coming back to your blog and cracking up at this post and the picture of Eli. Cute cute cute!
lindsey i am forced to check out your blog and look at pictures of your children when i'm bored at work because my lame sister refuses to updater her own and i just want to know did you make that costure eli is wearing if so i swear i made my neice abbi the same costume but in purple and green... random i know (becky's sister)
Becky- touche'.
I oftne resort to aiming the question back on them...i.e.(after about the 7th "Why?", I usually asked, "Why do you think so?"
The results---Amazing!
About the monster though, what happened???
p.s. Do you think you will end up back in the NorthWest? Kie and I just did a "FindYourSpot" quiz and we're feeling a bit homesick!
Random fact: Ogden, UT was one of our top picks! Looks doable. : )
Hi Lindsey! It's Amy, from nursing school. So glad you found my blog cause' now I can see yours! Your kids are adorable. What a beautiful family you have. Looking at Eli made me remember school and how you thought he was going to be a girl, right? We were all so shocked when you showed up to school with a boy! (I'm sure not as shocked as you were!) :) So happy to catch up with you!
Post a Comment