Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Random


10 Things Making Me Smile Today


1. Overcast sky, cooler weather (only in the 70's), wearing long jeans, raining on and off all day = I. Love. This. Weather.


2. The new dish set my mom is sending my way...bright, bold, funky, unusual. Love it.


3. This out-of-the-blue statement from Eli, "Haven has piggy toes. Haven is a pig, and when she dies, I am going to make sausage out of her." Uh...what???


4. The memory of the carrot cake Cassie made me for my birthday. Best carrot cake I've ever eaten. And I've made great efforts to sample many a carrot cake.


5. Dane's wicked sweet dance moves (oh, how he loves music!), complete with random occasional squeels.


6. My dyed dark hair. Still gettin' a kick out of that. Think I'll keep it around a little longer.


7. The prospect of starting the book David gave me for my birthday ("Atlas Shrugged"). Great pick, babe.


8. Haven's extreme desire for cuddling. She so sweetly and peacefully snuggles up to me every time I sit down on the couch. Literally every time. Somehow I never feel smothered by it...maybe because I learned with Eli that the Super Duper Cuddly Stage doesn't last forever.


9. My kids' interest in learning ASL.


10. The fact that I'm pretty darn sure I prayed my way out of having major-hassle washing machine problems this morning. Problems started, I felt stressed, I prayed, problems stopped = modern-day miracle.


What's making you smile today?

2 comments:

Addie said...

these are so sweet and Dane is so huge!

Katie said...

I love this picture. Your baby looks like he has great kissing cheeks.