How To Give Your Daughter a Summer Haircut
1. Start by trimming 1/4" only, off the bottom of her hair.
2. Finish and clean up all your supplies.
3. Turn your back to her extremely briefly while you make sure you cleaned up everything.
4. Turn back around to see this (the other half of the chunk she cut is on the floor):
6. Teach her (a little too late) that only mommies and daddies are ever allowed to cut hair.
7. Hold her while she cries.
8. Tell her it's just hair, and it's a pretty great thing to make a mistake on because it grows back.
9. Laugh because she's just like you.
10. Sit back down to see if you can add enough layers to cover the hole up.
12. Sit back down a third time to take several more inches off.
13. Finish with a short summer bob and a happy girl.
PS--It was seriously five days ago that my mom told me she couldn't believe none of my kids had done this yet...oh, the irony!
8 comments:
The irony, indeed! ha! Oh but she's soooo cute with her new summer bob!
Thankful non of my children have done this, but I did once cut my cousins beautiful long red hippie hair when I was five. It was down to his shoulders and I managed to cut three big chunks above his ears before my aunt walked in on us. I still remember the squeal that came out of his moms throat when she saw.
P is the only one who hasn't, but J cut it for him, does that count? B's was the most drastic she cut of a HUGE chunk at her forhead (her hair was down to the middle of her back). And when I sady forhead I mean not even 1/4 inch left and about a 2 inch circle. She was in 2nd grade.... J just cut his bangs, but it was only an inch and I gave him a buzz. And S cut off one whole side after I gave her a bob, and she ended up with a pixie cut.
Neither of my kids ever did that. I think they're so scared of haircuts that they never would. She IS such a cutie! I like the bob.
Yes, I AM a member of the club. Ah Luke.
Anyway, Haven's hair is really cute! And the look on your face is pretty funny in the trying to fix it photo.
Welcome Lindsey!! It's good to have you finally join the not so exclusive "young beauticians" club. We meet once a month and cry over mullets and cut-off pony tails. Luckily, there are no dues, we figure you have been through enough in qualifying for the club.
She is so adorable. The bob is so cute on her. I haven't joined the club yet but I'm sure it's only a matter of time.
Ohhh! I'm not part of it yet...and since we don't have girls, the short options are pretty forgiving!
I do say, though...she is quite adorable!!!
Caley did that to herself around 2.5 and so did Amelia. It happens to everyone eventually, at least no eyes got poked out!
Post a Comment