Today I am happy about...

...this CD my mom sent me. Brings out
the best version of my mama self,

...that dinner is already cooking and my house smells like
teriyaki. Hooray for crock pots.
(And crock pot liners--hello, if you haven't discovered these yet, you need them. Line it with a bag, cook the bejeebees out of it, then just throw the bag away. No scrubbing. Just rejoicing.)
...this drawing that Elijah made
(he usually has zero interest in drawing, writing, or reading, but this picture has: green grass + black rain + yellow sun + blue and red snakes + a black and green "tree that is going to grow big"= I LOVE it).
...these
Mylar balloons Eli brought home from his class
Valentine's party. There was extras, so Haven got one too, which means no broken hearts or arguing. And I think they're such a
delicious color of red.

...that
my children love to play together. Who doesn't want to snuggle
two little baby elephants walking around their living room??
What are you happy about today?PS--I got the idea for this post from my friend Amanda. Doesn't she take the most beautiful pictures??
3 comments:
We have the same crockpot! I've heard of the liners--GREAT IDEA. I use mine a lot and could really benefit from those! Thanks for sharing what made you happy today! I'm happy that my once a month cooking is done for another month! Whew! It's always crazy, but SO worth it in the end. Have a Happy Valentine's day!
I never knew there were such things as liners...honestly, sometimes my crock sits for days at a time(dirty-terrible, I know) because I would always rather clean it later. Perhaps I should invest in such items.
Today, I was happy to be walking in the rain with my boys, two in the stroller, one in the carrier-all eating popcorn! I'm also happy we will shortly be joining you in the midwest on a new family adventure. Kansas isn't exactly next door, but I'd consider us neighbors. : ) We move in March!!!
where do you find the crock pot liners? or can you just use regular bags? That's a genius idea, I have the same problem with my crockpot. :(
I'm happy that baby Wesley is sleeping well at night, for the most part, and I'm getting enough rest. I'm also happy my daughters went to bed easy because they were exhausted from the day.
Post a Comment