Monday, February 15, 2010

Haven Kate


Haven,
You celebrated your third birthday on Friday. You're too young to read this now, but someday you won't be. I'm so glad to have spent these last three years with you. I loved that on your birthday you asked for me to take you on a special date to buy a helium balloon. I was happy to find a friend to watch Dane while Elijah was in school, and I truly enjoyed that alone time with you. I love that you chose to wear full princess attire for our date. You looked so adorably and beautifully age-three. And I especially love that you weren't aware that everyone was looking at you; you weren't wearing it for them, you were wearing it because you loved it. I love that after your date with me, and another with Dad, you were spent, and fell asleep looking at a book on the couch. I think I will always remember your face plastered up against the book cover while you slept in the pile of yellow taffeta that was your princess dress.
~
I love you. I love your passion. I love your sensitivity. I love your desire to be kind and good. I love your concern for your brothers. I love your silly side. I love that you are not afraid of trying any new thing. I love your appetite. I love your excited squealy giggle. I'm so glad you're a part of our family. Happy birthday!
Love, Mom


2 comments:

Addie said...

Happy Birthday to Haven! What a beautiful letter Lindsey. You are a blessed woman!

bands said...

So cute. Three sounds like a nice age. My two-year-old is currently/consistently driving me nuts!