Mmmmm. Today is a perfect day. It's the kind of day you have to log in your memory to bring back out again when you need it later. It's nearly 70 degrees. My kids played outside for almost 5 hours today. They are currently happily playing together in a gigantic bubble bath. Eli and Haven played at a friend's house during Dane's afternoon nap, leaving me 2 1/2 completely quiet hours. Yes, you read that right. 2 1/2 completely quiet hours. During that time I organized church papers, folded clean laundry, read old journals, felt blessed that all that young-love angst I was reading about actually materialized into a beautiful marriage, ate Twizzlers, and laughed so hard I cried on the phone with my mom. When I picked the kids up, my friend told me they played the whole time utterly happily and obediently. I had no choice but to give them ice cream cones when we came home. David got home early. The sun is still shining and most of the windows are open. Everyone is healthy and strong. I feel healing. My husband and I are best friends. I'm not that old, but I've lived at least enough to know that days like this are a gift. I am aware of just how blessed I am. How I love my Heavenly Father!


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
How funny--you and I posted nearly identical posts today. I think we quoted each other twice. :)
I'm so glad you guys had a fantastic day too!
I love your entries like this--so honest and grateful. And can Dane get ANY cuter? :)
I am so glad you had heaven for a day! It's days like that when the stars just align on so many levels you know there must have been some type of coordination from someone. We should chat sometime!! I miss talking to you.
Those are some big kids Lindsey! They are looking so grown up.
That day sounds like the most perfect, wonderful gift! So glad you can recognize that in your ripe old age. :)
Post a Comment