Three words to describe how I feel today are:
~
busy
I think I've done 5 loads of laundry today, folded them all and put them all away. I've vacuumed, swept, picked up toys, done the dishes, made cookies with the kiddos, babysat a good friend's sweet little boy all day, taken two things out to the storage shed, started chicken marinating for dinner, and paid all the bills. Aren't I AWESOME?? (Ok, fine. What you should really be thinking here is, "How many days in a row did you slack off, causing you to be left with all that stuff to do today?" To which I would reply, "A lot of days, thank you.")
~
frumpy
I put on scrappy, gangsta-style shorts and a t-shirt when I woke up this morning, with the intention of showering and putting on real clothes later. Neither has happened yet and it's almost dinner time. My hair is in a ponytail, but it's too short to all fit up, so I'm left with a chick mullet at the back of my neck. It's hot, and I feel constantly sticky. Dane pooped all over (and I do mean all over) both of us this afternoon. I drive a minivan. The gray in my hair has now reached "noticeable unless it's highlighted" status. When I nurse Dane, if I look down I see my newly acquired stomach flub muffin-topping over my gangsta shorts. So sexy.
~
happy
Despite the frumpy-ness, the sun is shining, Dane slept well last night and I got a two-hour nap this morning (meaning that today I feel gloriously rested for the first time in many moons), my children are happy, I was able to laugh about Dane pooping all over us both, I danced with Haven in the kitchen this morning and she was just so cute, there are warm oatmeal cookies on the counter, David is bringing home Mexican for dinner (we nixed the marinated chicken...I guess that's for tomorrow now), and Elijah's rat backpack is on it's merry little way here. I also feel happy that I feel a total absence of depression, which I expected to return after I had Dane. It hasn't, and I love, love, love how good "normal" feels. I feel blessed. Even about the muffin-topping flub, because today I have a good hold on the concept that I earned that flub, a little with each of the beautiful children that I grew inside of me.
Yep, I'm blessed.
~
What are three words to describe how you feel today?
2 comments:
1) blessed to have delightful grandchildren
2) blessed to have amazing children
3) blessed to know that these are blessings and not to take them for granted.
4) I love you more than sleeping through the night.
Thank you for that dose of reality--those things certainly define motherhood most days! Here are my 3 things:
1)sore, because I went to the gym and did a class I haven't done in a while
2)lazy, because I didn't do the dishes or really pick up today
3)fulfilled, because I spent some good time alone with each child (thanks to new school schedules).
Love you Lindsey!
Post a Comment