Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Angel of the Day

dear h,
you are my Saint of the Day. thank you for cheerfully and sincerely offering to watch my children while I went grocery shopping today. doing that with three kids in tow is not my favorite pasttime. thank you for excitedly sending us home outfitted with almost all of Eli's school supplies, too.
my children love being in your home. you exude happy energy and love. thank you for volunteering to have my children over to play sometime in the next many days when David is out of town. thank you for being a good friend even though we really don't know each other extraordinarily well.
and thank you for doing all that just because I dropped by unexpectedly on my way to the store, to return the dinosaurs you so graciously lent us when Dane was born.
we are blessed to know you.
love,
Lindsey

2 comments:

jamesrivergirl said...

Oh, I'm glad you were taken care of today.

Dave & Chels said...

I love people like that. It makes me realize how far I have to go in that area. Some people just see the big picture like that. I, unfortunantly, don't most of the time. I am a firm believer that kids need breaks from their moms sometimes.