Friday, August 28, 2009

Cause for excitement


Here are some little things we are celebrating around here lately...

Eli's rat backpack came in the mail today! He is thrilled. Oh Tiny Tortoise, how we love you.


Haven has learned to swing from her bunkbed like a monkey. She is quite proud of this. She shows me every time we go in her room.


Eli is no longer afraid of water in his eyes, enabling him to enjoy a whole new level of fun in the pool.


I know it's a little hard to see in this picture, but we are pretty certain Dane is going to have blue eyes. I feel a surprising thrill that I actually squeezed in a (physical) gene with one of our children. One gene. I did it!

Dave's facial hair, aka "The Goat" (both because it's a kind of goatee and because it reminded me of a billy goat), is gone (see sidebar picture). He allowed my little sister to shave it when she was here last week.


My sister is starting school again and made the varsity volleyball team again. She is happy and geared up for a fantastic year. We are happy and geared up in her behalf.


Dane was blessed on Sunday. He did a great job...no crying during the blessing, no pooping through the white outfit. Success, all around. Don't you just love that lopsided grin??
Is anyone else celebrating lately?

4 comments:

natalie said...

Much cause for excitement, indeed! :) Ah... I heart the goatee. :(

Addie said...

Oh Lindsey I love reading your blog. Your family is so beautiful! Amelia loves to swing like a monkey too, from any and all places. Nothing huge to celebrate around here, at least not for another week until we find out the gender of this little baby in my tummy.

The Special Reds said...

Goodbye goatee! No offense but I don't know how you put up with that, Lindsey! You must be more patient than me. And REALLY, Dave, I'm not bashing your style at all--you are way cooler than me. Anyway, love the new celebrations taking place. I hope Dane has blue eyes! And I will let you know how the cooking goes--I'm geared up to do it this week!

Mike Ackerman said...

I'll be honest, I'm really bummed to hear about the departure of "The Goat". As always, I enjoyed the vicarious coolness I got to experience through Dave's facial hair.