Friday, September 4, 2009

The week in pictures

Here's a picture update of what's been going on around here...

This one had his first day of preschool, complete with rat backpack and rhino shirt. He was nervous when we pulled up, but came out three hours later with a big smile and lots of happy energy. We did it! (I say "we" because I swear it was harder for me than it was for him.) I can't believe I have a preschooler. I'm so crazy about him.
~
While he was in school...
this one slept (yes, he's totally asleep in this full-grin picture)...
~
and this one thrived on the one-on-one attention, a rarity up til now.
~

We painted each other's nails (she picked the colors),
~
looked at my jewelry together,
and painted a picture.
I loved spending that relaxed time with her.
She makes me laugh.


And a few other random picture...
I took this picture so that one day I'll look back and remember what it was like when all three of them were little. I love that Eli is constantly in costume (still--we're going on two years of costume passion), that Haven can't figure out how to smile for the camera, and that with Dane in the cart, there's really no room for groceries. Ahhh. Someday they'll all be adults.
Weird, huh?


Here's two of our latest costume acquisitions. As you can see, they inspire much fierce growling.


I love this fat, square face. Yum.
Blessed.

10 comments:

Natalie said...

Your baby is so cute! He looks like Dave. I love the smiling pictures. And isn't it nice to get a little one-on-one time with your kids? I love that.

The Bergmans said...

Strangest thing ever to know your kids will be adults some day! They will love that picture! Especially when they are parents and head to the store with 3 in tow! With I could be there to give you a big hug in person...this will do till then...mmmmm, big hug!

Addie said...

You are such a good mommy! This is such a cute entry. I remember the days when Amelia was in the carseat and Caley was in the cart, there'd be no room for food! Soon that will be our routine again I guess.

James Yvonne and Elise said...

Great pictures of the kids. I love that Eli still dresses in costume. We miss you guys and hanging out at your house on Saturday nights. We always had intentions of playing games or watching a video but we never seemed to make it past talking for hours. Dane is adorable!

marci said...

I wish I could remember to take pictures of everyday life....your's are so cute and don't you think that will bring back more memories of than something totally posed?

jamesrivergirl said...

I LOVE this post.

I love your patient, smeared toes. Well done.

Melody C. Bondurant said...

The shopping cart picture looks amazingly similar to our adventures to the grocery store...and when I get complete dumbfounded looks from fellow shoppers I just smile wide and away we roll : )

We also have new costumes that are worn quite regularly...it's such a moment of surrender when they sadly hand them over at bed time, only to awake at first dawn to put them back on!!! These days, Gabriel is Peter from Narnia and Justus switches being a ninja to some other combination of cowboy-knight! We love it!

p.s. I DO love the cheeks...so kissable!!!

Berg Family said...

Can Haven come paint my toes... :)

The Special Reds said...

He does have a square head. How cute! Are you not doing the co-op again this year? And Haven is adorable! Nice toenails--love the color! You're a supermom! Glad to know you.

Katie said...

I love it I love it I love it!

Every picture is a treasure. Your family is adorable.