Monday, August 10, 2009

Love the phase you're in

Here's some indications of the stage of life we're in right now:


*Eli is headed to preschool in a few weeks, and has given me the assignment of finding him a backpack that features "a rat with a very long tail." Turns out, this is next to impossible. This morning I felt like offering prayers of thanks when I stumbled across a saint on Etsy who will custom make this backpack for me, for a very reasonable price. I think I love her.


*When they ride bikes, Haven makes it not quite halfway around the block before she decides she would rather get down and run.



* Investigating anthills is far more exciting than riding bikes.
~
*I am averaging three showers per week. I feel good about this.
~
*When Eli picked out new school shoes, he very carefully selected the shoes he felt would make him run the fastest. We ended up with navy blue running shoes. He treats them with reverence.



* Dane is quickly acquiring fat rolls. His face now looks plumply square when he smiles. He has belly laughed in his sleep several times. I can't wait to hear it during his waking hours.

*Haven is addicted to Band-Aids. She is starting to "need" them not only when she's hurt or thinks she ought to have gotten hurt, but when she feels sad.

What life stage are you in right now?

8 comments:

Peterson's said...

callie loves band aides too! but she calls them Rubber Bands, and so there is lots of frustrated moments when she is telling me she need a rubber band and I plum forget what she is REALLY meaning.

natalie said...

How cute is little baby Dane!!
Um... about the custom backpack lady. What's the name if her etsy store? I'm in the same boat you're in, girl. :)

sorichfamily said...

um...same, same!! all of the above! and how cute are your babies??!! love them!

Becky said...

You are super-mom. I don't even know what "etsy" is. I would've checked Walmart, maybe Target, and thrown in the towel. Super-glue some squiggly eyes onto the cheapest bag I could find. Maybe even cut a hole in the bottom to dangle a shoe lace out of if I was feeling particularly obliging. Give it a cute name like...ehh, maybe "Rat Backpack"--ya know, to clear up any confusion.

Dave & Chels said...

Aside from have a preschooler, I'm in the same boat you are in. B has about the same attention span as Haven when it comes to bikes, I completely know what you are talking about with the three-shower-a-week thing, and Blake is also laughing in her sleep. I love those belly laughs when they are out cold - so cute. Actually, Blake laughed her first real laugh last week, and we have gotten a few more out of her since then.
(Hey, you mentioned on my blog something about a mall with a great play place - there was one in Dallas that was supposed to be spectacular but it turned out it wasn't. Sorry if I told you there was one like that in Lubbock.)

Cristina said...

THAT is NOT my nephew! When I left he was a scrawny little blob of skin and bones- a precious one though. What have you done to him?! He looks totally different! Oh, I can't wait to drive my lips into those plump cheeks!

Cristina said...

I guess what I was trying to say was: GOOD WORK!

The Special Reds said...

Very cute post! Well, here's one stage we are in--"The Wiggles" colors in relation to everything. Example--Blake will choose a shirt and say, Look, it's red like Murray! (Murray wears the red shirt.) This is the same for the other three Wiggles and their colors.