Thursday, July 2, 2009

Hold your horses

Yeah, yeah, no baby yet. Although I'm 3cm dilated, the head is engaged, and I am VERY ready. I have contractions and lower back pain off and on all day, every day for the last week and a half. We'll keep you posted. In the mean time...
Anyone know any tricks that might actually work, to get labor to kick into gear?

9 comments:

sorichfamily said...

keep on walkin', clean your floors...seemed to keep the dilation going around here! you're doing great! good luck! it will go so fast and smooth, i know it! we can't wait to see this little one! love ya!

James Yvonne and Elise said...

I have been thinking about you guys all this week and can't wait for the arrival of baby Servino.
Sorry, no tricks here. I have been induced both times. My mom always said eating lasagna did it for her.
Take care!!

Natalie said...

Walking always works for me. I walked like three miles everyday for the week before Laura was born. Someone told me fresh pineapple in large quantities works and I did eat quite a lot of pineapple the night before David was born (3 weeks early) so there might be something to that as well. Good luck!

Nataliehlambert said...

too delicate to discuss here! but it worked for us. hehe good luck.

april said...

3 mile walk sent me into labor with my last one, but that was after i was a week past my due date! hope he/she arrives soon!

Ashlee Marie said...

I have a no fail one, worked for us EVERY time... Ready?... Pitocin! Ha! Really though, we tried all the stuff you hear about and they got contractions going, but I never had trouble getting contractions going (bed rest with the last 3 because of them) it was keeping them going that I seemed to have trouble with. So tray the tricks, but the contractions won't continue until he/she is ready anyway, so only try the FUN ones! Walking (ugh), sex (no "protection", it's all in the goop), nipple stimulation, foot massage (actually the right spot is the back of the ankle on both sides of the Achilles tendon), spicy food... Then the bad stuff, caster oil and stuff (even if it works is it worth it? I don't think so!) Good Luck! I can't wait to hear about it!

Jana and Mario said...

Good luck Lindsey! I have come across your blog a few times from other people in Lubbock, but I haven't ever commented on it. It is nice to see what you and your family are up to. We actually were in Lubbock in the middle of May for graduation, but you know how things are when its graduation. If you'd care to check out my blog its http://pinolipost.blogspot.com

The Barbers said...

Good luck and we hope the baby comes soon!!! We are really excited for you guys :)

Unknown said...

Good luck Lindsey! We cannot wait to see the baby!!