
Dave recently told me he thought he was done having babies after this one. I said, "ok." About an hour later, I popped my head in the office and asked why he thought that. He told me lovingly that he didn't think he could go through my nesting phase another time. (Insert awkward but guilty laugh here.)
I am a serious nester. I feel like it's bizarre and out of my control. And this time is worse than either of the other two. With Eli I just felt like he couldn't be born until the floor was mopped. With Haven I was tunnel-visioned about buying the new vacuum we needed, so the carpet would be truly clean. With this one...the rational part of my brain says I've derailed, while the baby part of my brain keeps urging me forward to new, more glorious (read: ridiculous) tasks. Each of which seems crucially, immediately important.
So far, we (and I do mean "we"...poor Dave) have:
* dusted the door frames and the top of the fridge
* washed all the couch cushions
* organized our "important papers" file
* embarked on a paper-shredding frenzy
* scheduled someone to come clean all the carpets (thank you, Mom, for the pre-baby gift!)
* organized the mud room
* gone through and cleared off the large stack of papers on the desk
* thrown away, thrown away, thrown away
* cleaned out my drawer of the desk
* scrubbed the lint catcher in the dryer
* washed and put in storage all of Eli and Haven's too small clothes
It's time to have the baby.
Do you nest?
10 comments:
Not really, the only time I clean in a frenzy is when I realize my mom is on the plane and all of a sudden see how truly messy my house is. The rest of the time (pregnancy included) I don't really notice any of it.
I think I'm more interested in organizing the baby's future nest/room and having everything ready for it. But it's been 2 1/2 years and I can't remember what my crazy nesting habits are--maybe that's a good thing. But hey, your nesting things are great--when else would they get done? I mean, scrubbing the lint catcher? Only a pregnant woman would think to do that.
Brandon walked in on me pulling out the fridge at 9 months pregnant so I could mop thoroughly underneath it. That's where he made me draw the line. I nested big time.
oh my goodness, I do these things when I'm not even pregnant! And my husband loves it. My house isn't always sparkly, but sometimes you just have to scrub the lint trap and know, for that day, that it's totally clean.
I've never heard the term nesting before. Very interesting. It sounds like cleaning to me! Good for you to want to clean when you're that pregnant. I'm pretty sure I'd be sitting on the couch or baking (so I could eat more). Anyhow congratulations on your new addition and I hope the house is clean enough for the arrival :)
June 19 is Leah, I'm not sure why my name isn't there... Oh, and thanks for all the compliments on my crafts...maybe in 30 years when I retire from teaching (which I truly love) I'll do some hobby desert catering.
Oh Lindsay, you crack me up. I was nesting like no other before Blake came. And, somehow, your pregnant mind makes it seem completely normal & necessary. Looking back now, I was on a complete frenzy. I mean, bought paper towls, toliet paper, dish & laundry soap and hand soap to last us for a year. My Dave, however, LOVED me nesting. He is a huge organizer & no-clutter guy. In fact, when he saw me cleaning anything and everything, he mentioned he needed to get me pregnant more often.
I'm surprised he didn't say, "We need to have more children more often, so we're always neat and organized." :) Juuuust kidding. Anyway, think of it this way. . . at least you can take a 3-6 month vacation from cleaning. You're going to need while that baby gets on a sleep schedule, and you are juggling a preschooler and a toddler as well!
http://jackandlorraine.blogspot.com/2009/01/spring-cleaning-little-early.html
This is my most recent nesting episode with Rose.
Boy oh boy...you are not alone! I feel the strings of motherhood connecting us when you mentioned your list : ) I remember more vividly with Justus, since we had just moved into a new house with Gabriel(I couldn't tell what was nesting and what was just unpacking), then we were at my parents house with Ben...so, with Justus, near the 9mth mark I;
re-upholstered our couches(flipping them over and everything)
sanded, refinished and added nobs to the dresser I bought.
carried the dresser from our garage to his upstairs room
made almost a month's worth of frozen meals for post-partum
organized EVERYTHING like crazy
Then, when I realized I was in labor...
I mopped our kitchen with a rag (we didn't have a mop : )
Did my hair and make-up
Vacummed our ENTIRE house
And Changed the sheets on our bed
It sure made labor go by faster :)
Anyway, I am super excited for your little one to arrive. I can't wait to hear all about it!
Post a Comment