Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Getting Ready

We are so ready and excited for this little Baby #3 to come!! If all goes as planned, Dave's mom will be at the hospital with us for the baby's birth, and then my mom will come to grandma-ize us all a week later.With just under three weeks to go, we've started checking our boxes: kick Haven out of the crib (turns out she LOVES and sleeps better in the bottom bunk...who knew?) , buy tiny diapers (have they always been that little?) , etc. Here's some other pre-baby boxes we've checked...

Celebrate David's 29th birthday. With candles, cake, and monster faces, obviously.

Finish my clock mosaic!! (Insert "Hallelujah" chorus here. Also, Dave has pointed out to me that I probably owe a formal apology to the many, many people who heard me express severe craft-disdain in my pre-craft days. Turns out, I'm a project girl. I apologize and stand corrected at the beauty and intrigue of creating something you love.)

Get a pedicure. Dave came with me (yes, you read that right) --we made a whole "besties" date night of it...pedicure, dinner, ice cream, movie...the works! We had so much fun. (Thank you Becky, for watching our kids overnight.) Dave loved his pedicure--he wasn't expecting the foot massage, and I loved that he came with me. So now my little tosies will look adorable when they're up in stirrups soon.
So now we're just waiting and watching my belly move all around at night. Happy sigh.
Any final guesses about the gender?



10 comments:

jennah said...

You look so tiny still! How exciting for you guys. My guess=girl. Charolette Mae Servino. 7 lb 9oz. 20 inches long. Lots of dark hair. Chubby cheeks. Apgars 8 and 9. Just a hunch.

The Special Reds said...

Are you sure you're due in 3 weeks? And way to go on the pedicure for labor and delivery! I've never even done that! I'm guessing a boy--no real reason. And happy birthday to Dave!

Ashlee Marie said...

I'll say girl, 7 lbs 15.5 oz (Pauls weight)! You still look so tiny (I know not chelsea tiny, but miniscule compared to whale ashlee).

Ashlee Marie said...

*Next you just have to get waxed (I LOVED being all clean for delivery!)*

Kaylene said...

um, you look FABULOUS! also, for the first time in my life, i'm almost considering that it might be fun to wait until birth to find out the gender. i've never had an interest in that but there was something in the way you said it that made it seem like something i might want to do!! i think it's a girl!

James Yvonne and Elise said...

You are so cute and so tiny! Your clock turned out AMAZING. I remember when you started it.
We are missing Lubbock and wish we were there to celebrate birthdays and births.
My guess a new little brother!
Love you guys.

Danica said...

Um, excuse me, how tiny can you be?? You look MAYBE six months pregnant. I say a boy!

jamesrivergirl said...

1. I love that Dave came with you.
2. My vote: GIRL. Because this afternoon, I was in love with Haven.
3. I was just thinking today that you look smokin'!! You do pregnancy very well.
4. Thanks for the playdate.

mom said...

I'm guessing unexpected boy/girl twins. The girl will have fat cheeks (that's a given) and blonde curly hair. The boy will have dark hair and for one final splurge--both will have BLUE eyes!!! Both will be in 6 lb. range. And to top it off--you are going to mis-judge and end up having them at home. Love you so much xoxoyour mom the psychic.

Natalie said...

That clock is so awesome! You have some serious skills. And I agree with all previous comments- you look far too tiny to be 8+ months pregnant with your third- lucky duck. Good luck with the new baby! (And I'll guess boy just for fun.)