Saturday, May 9, 2009

Up at the butt crack of dawn

Just wondering how normal it is that my kids wake up at 6am or 6:45am, if we're very lucky. Rain, snow, sleet, hail, weekends, holidays... They're asleep for the night every night by 7:30pm, and all our efforts to push that back have failed. So...this is our routine. Is this typical?

I beg you for your responses...
What time do your kids go to bed and wake up?

7 comments:

Lorraine said...

Jack Jack goes to bed between 7 and 7:30pm and wakes up between 7 and 8am, or whenever Ellen wakes him up.

Ellen goes to bed between 7:30 and 8 and wakes up between 6:30 and 8, except on Sundays, when I have to wake both my kids up to get them ready for church in time, and they start crying as soon as they see their church clothes out.

Ashlee Marie said...

It's 11:30 and S is still awake, although P is asleep, unusual he's usually still up. And those 2 wake up around 8, while the older 2 go down at 8 (although don't fall asleep until 9) and wake up at 7 (for school). But I think they get it from me, I'm part vamp, as I'm the most awake and productive at night.

Addie said...

Caley (4) goes to bed around 8 or 9, depending on the night, although her official bedtime is 7. ;) She wakes up around 7 or 8. She naps most days too, about an hour or 2.
Amelia (21 months) goes to be by 7 or 8 and wakes up by 7. She naps too, at least 2 hrs. If either of them wake up earlier than 6, regardless of when they went to bed, I put them back in bed with a book and say, "see you later." For Caley I use a timer, it's a better visual for her. :)

The Special Reds said...

I put J & B to bed at the same time. If they took long naps, more like 8 or 8:30. Short naps, 7:30-ish. They usually wake up around 6:45, right when Joel is out the door, and just enough time for me to get Julianna on the bus by 7:10 (yes, it's early!). But if one of them ever wakes up earlier, I lay in bed with them until 6:45, or bring them into bed with me. Today, though, they slept until 7:30. Maybe it was their Mother's Day gift!

Ben Arkell said...

We cover their windows so it is pitch black all the time. And we have a digital clock in their room and we tell them not to come out until 7:15. It has worked like a charm.

Leah Rainey said...

Funny! I spent the weekend in Astoria and slept on Melody's couch. Each morning I was woke by the kids. I would estimate about 6:30. They were up until 11 on Friday night and still woke early :). I am amazed that you mothers keep ticking!!!!

jennah said...

No matter what time he goes to bed, Jack wakes at 6:30. My once sleep-till-9 o'clock-kid will wake quite punctually at or BEFORE 6:30 and then proceed to awake everyone else in the house. THerefore, he and his brother are in bed by or BEFORE 6:30 every night. At least we have peaceful quiet evenings.