Wednesday, May 6, 2009

31 weeks and counting! Hooray!

Top Ten Ways I Know I Am Preggola......

10. My baggy t-shirts are no longer baggy. They are, in fact, a level of tightness that is socially inappropriate.

9. The kicking and rolling I feel at night is entertaining and strong enough to keep me AND David awake.
8. Strangers feel comfortable asking me when I'm due.
7. My children routinely pat my belly as they walk by me.
6. Two hours is a remarkably long stretch between bathroom trips.
5. I have graduated to the Prescription Heartburn Medication Club. I am so way past Tums. :)
4. The daily Braxton-Hicks contractions outnumber my daily forgetful moments. This is significant.
3. When I stand up and look down, I can see the entire inside of my belly button, but not my toes.
2. I, the tightwad of our marriage, do not care what our air conditioning or water bills are. I feel a life-and-death necessity to not sweat in my own house, and to fill up the kiddie pool almost daily. Sorry, Mother Earth. I promise to love you again after the baby arrives.
1. I have a discernible (ok, ok, barely discernible) bust.
Hooray for the upcoming infant sweetness! Mmmmm.

6 comments:

The Special Reds said...

Fun top ten list! You definitely look pregnant! And great, too.

natalie said...

Your number 7 made me smile. :) What a great list. You look beautiful!

april said...

for me, it was number four that totally made me smile. i'm not sure my contractions ever outweighed my forgetful pregnancy brain - even in full-term labor. this whole was fun and well written. good luck enduring to the end of pregnancy. oh, and enjoy the guilt free air conditioning time (i think nursing a baby in included in that time).

when are you due again?

Dave & Chels said...

I so feel for you about the heartburn. I am using zantac right now, but am very close to asking my dr. for a perscription. I just know that everthing I eat after noon will give me heartburn, no matter what it is.
And B totally pats my tummy, too. And attempts to pull my shirt down if we are at home and I accidentally let it ride up. (Hey, it's just GOING to have to happen in the privacy of our home at this point!)

Melody C. Bondurant said...

horray is right! I am so smiling, because I love seeing it on other mommy's.

I so enjoyed our short visit. I am itching to hear all about your upcoming birth.

Becky said...

I'm with April. If pregnancy requires that the AC be set at 65 degrees, breastfeeding (I totally just typed breastfeeling, but I changed it because I thought that might be too tacky to knowingly post) requires at MOST 60 degrees.