Here's some of my favorite pics from this last week, as well as some of the random thoughts that are so abundant in my head this morning (when did intelligent thought become so illusive?) ...

After Dave got back from his 10-day
Mancation and parental visit, we spent a
morning at the park...somehow every play activity triples in fun for the kids when David is involved.

A rare pic of me and
my babies (including the one in
utero)...

We finally purchased
a van! Now when #3 is born, we can all go somewhere at the same time...
ahh, luxury. I felt very old driving it for the first day
(when did I stop being 18 and start acquiring enough children to warrant a van?? Was it around the same time they started playing my high school music on the classic rock station?) , but now I just unabashedly LOVE it.

My sister-in-law threw me a
surprise baby shower--the first time I've been surprised for a party since I turned 8. It was a lot of fun and I was very touched. This is the bouquet from the party.

Elijah has even more fully (if that's possible) discovered his
big brother side. This dinosaur is an
accomplice in many little-sister-scaring episodes.

Haven is
the messiest child I have ever known personally. She simply has the gene for it. This shirt was
perfectly white at the beginning of the day. She wore an apron when we painted and I held her hands away from her body when she discovered the mud. All to no avail.
Thank heavens for bleach pens and patience.

She is also one of the sweetest children I have ever known personally. I think she looks like an
angel when she sleeps.
***
*
***
Random Thoughts...
***
Last night we tried both kiddos in the bunk bed, to free up the crib for the baby--it went marvelously... I love antibiotics--the kids and I had strep this last weekend and the ampicillin made it magically go away... 5 1/5 weeks to go til baby time... I bought size 1 diapers yesterday and wondered if they have always been that tiny??... Haven has kept her underwear dry for the last two days--hooray!... Dave beat me soundly at Rummikub last night--I have never enjoyed spending time with him in our marriage more than I do now... I had a Level 10 charlie horse in my calf last night--that's such a bizarre part of pregnancy... I love Tina Fey.
***
*
***
What are your random thoughts and updates today?
3 comments:
your minivan looks nice and shiny. i have strep throat. i hope my medicine makes it magically go away too.
i really like that bouquet! i like tina fey too :)
I hear you on the "fun tripling with Dad." When I go to the park with them, it's boring. But when Dad comes, it's nonstop thrill and adventure that can last for hours! Nice new van! Don't you just feel like a grown up now with that car? I love our van. Cute pics of the kids. I have no random thoughts, except that Mary Poppins the Musical is coming to Southern California and I wish I could go see it.
Post a Comment