Wednesday, March 25, 2009

IT'S A.....

BABY!!We had our ultrasound yesterday (late, at 25 weeks so my mom could be there)! No, we didn't find out the gender. Yes, I know some of you feel a little perturbed about that. Sorry. And also, tough luck. But won't it be a fun surprise?? Dave hasn't wanted to know the gender of any of our babies, and I've buckled twice before. I'm so excited to not know this time! I feel certain it's a boy, and Dave is certain it's a girl. (Yeah, yeah, I know I've been certain and then absolutely wrong on both the others. The mere fact I think it's a boy probably serves as positive proof it's a girl.) Anyhow, the baby looked healthy, which was fun to see. The 3-D pics don't seem to look a bit like Eli or Haven did, but...c'mon, seriously, who can thwart the carbon copy of the Servino genes? Hooray for babies and surprises!!

13 comments:

jennah said...

Lindsey, you are so brave, though I am sorely disappointed! I feel that it will be a boy as well... You look wonderful and I hope your feeling that way too. I wish we could be near to express our joys and woes of motherhood together. Congratulations on a healthy one!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! We didn't find out with Ellie and it was very exciting in the delivery as it's quite rare now to *not* know what the gender of your baby is.

The Special Reds said...

I'm with you on this one--besides, you already have a boy and a girl, might as well not know this time just for fun. IF we have another, I plan on doing the same thing. You are starting to look cute and pregnant! How are you feeling?

april said...

you have soooo much more patience than me!!! but you're right, it will be fun. i was always totally wrong too (except i wasn't even up for the guess iwth evan). glad the baby is healthy and you look great!!!

happy belated birthday greetings to eli!!!

Candace said...

I can't believe that you are waiting to find out. I would think it would be fun to wait, but I couldn't handle not knowing. I am excited to find out what it is. You also look amazing. You look really cute pregnant.

Amanda said...

1. You look awesome.

2. I have been anxiously WAITING for this post and I guess I'll have to wait like everyone else to see what you're having!

3. After not finding out with Everett, Posey declared that if we have another baby sometime we MUST find out. It was just too hard for her!

Ashlee Marie said...

I Totally admire it, but could NEVER do it myself. It will make it all the more exciting writing about it for the hot times.

Berg Family said...

Congrats are in order... you silly gal you didn't even tell me. Thanks for the sweet comment on our blog. We'll keep you posted when Baby Berg arrives. And, for the record, I think mine is a boy too. I'm 99% positive (motherly intuition speaking). Have fun guessing. Love you.

Melody C. Bondurant said...

I love your belly!
Kudos for waiting! It's just so exciting...and now everyone can guess. I, by-the-way, am totally wrong when it comes to my own babies-never can tell.

p.s.Just a word of forethought (the CB educator in me : ) Think about how/who you want to announce the gender...sometimes it's nice for mama to soak up the moment and discover it in your own time...others want it announced ASAP. Just a thought! See you soon-yippe!

Addie said...

Congratulations on a healthy baby, you are so cute and pregnant!

Kayla and Austen said...

Yay!! congratulations Lindsey! If I was patient....I'd wait to find out the gender. Shannon will find out here in just about a week or sooner. I only got 9 weeks! ahhh! Im nervous i wont lie. You look so beautiful. I miss you guys. Wish we could see you more.

Becky said...

Come on! No bare belly pregnant pics!? Stretch mark-schmetch mark. They're battle scars, victory trophies! Don't you know its an unspoken rule that if you're pregnant and have a blog or facebook page you are required to roll your shirt up to your sternum and take a picture!

This is a fantastic blog, by the way, Lindsey. You've turned blogging into an art.
Teach me.

Susie Faye said...

you look great! you can tell that you're still fit as a fiddle! congrats on the 'bun' you're baking! when are you due?