Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Birthday Boy

This muddy man had a birthday yesterday...the big 0-4!
We had a great day which included Grandma, friends, chocolate cake, a park, a trampoline, baloons, crepe' paper, golf clubs, a singing card, and a new Lightening McQueen bicycle. Holy life-couldn't-get-better!
Eli, I love that it takes every ounce of your self-control to not get muddy head to toe every day. I love your peacefulness and your sensitivity. I love your funny jokes, our shared passion for brownies, your wavy hair, your cuddles, and that you never give up on a challenge. I love that you sleep on the top bunk. I love that you like to hold and coo at babies. I love that you live for wrestling and tickling with Dad, and that you think it's funny to scare Haven. (Yes, I really do love that even though you get in trouble for it...it shows me you are happy, alive, and laughing inside. That's just not how Haven feels when you do it, Buddy.) I love it when you sing or giggle or just run or shrug your shoulders midsentence. I love your athleticism and coordination. I love you head to toe, inside and out. I'm so glad you're mine!

5 comments:

Candace said...

Happy Birthday Eli. I can't believe that he is 4!

Leah Rainey said...

I do hope you print out the blogs for your children. What precious words and inspiration you're teaching them. What a great mother.

jennah said...

Oh Eli! Happy Birthday Big Boy! It sounds like your birthday celebration was a lot of fun. Jack and I still miss you after all this time. Jack is still holding out that you will one day return and go to Sunbeams and preschool with him. We can always wish... Were so proud of you for turning 4!

James Yvonne and Elise said...

Hey you guys, this is the James portion of James and Yvonne. I'm sorry I missed the little guy's birthday bash -- I found my invitation at school, but unfortunately it was Monday afternoon after the festivities had started! I don't check my box very often...

The Special Reds said...

A big Happy Birthday to Eli! Wasn't it just yesterday we were sitting in your Wymount apartment while you were pregnant with him? And look at that mud! I haven't let Blake into mud yet--should I? Am I depriving him?