Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Snow Day

Yesterday I...

bundled precious little ones up to play in the snow...

made them special hot cocoa...


watched them giggle in a gigantic pink bubble bath...

and took them to play at a friend's house so I could have some down-time. I worked making the clock I don't like into a mosaic, which I will love:

I did that instead of picking up, doing the dishes, or making dinner. We ate Subway instead. I felt gratitude, quietness, happiness, and love.

No guilt.

Hooray for progress. Ahhhhhh.

4 comments:

jamesrivergirl said...

Wow, that was a good mothering day. Nicely done.

jennah said...

Lovely! I like your handy work, laugh at your "snow", and truly need to know how to feel no guilt. Perhaps the guilt in my life is the only thing that urges me to get anything done at all. Your kids are lucky to have a mom like you. Yes, Harper it is and how did you know about the shower this weekend? I'll save room for you anytime!

The Special Reds said...

Way to go, supermom! And nice work on the clock! By the way, I finally did my "100 things" post. It's a few posts down on my blog.

Leah Rainey said...

You should call yourself SUPERMOM!!! Way to go!!!