Wednesday, December 10, 2008

My husband

I've seen this going around several of your blogs, and I think it's interesting. I'm also in a creative funk. So thanks for the start, and here goes:

WHAT'S YOUR HUSBAND'S NAME? David. No middle name. A long-time family tradition. Dave has about a million nicknames, though. Something about him lends himself to people coming up with alternative names for him. D-Primo, Top Wop (can I write that?), D-Money, Soft-Serve...the list goes on and on.
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN MARRIED? 5 1/2 years.
HOW LONG DID YOU DATE? 5 years. About 3 of them were extremely long-distance, though. There are few things lamer than long-distance dating. I'm sure all of my roommates would concur. Poor, patient souls. (Cass, Lex, and Kera: Was it really as bad as my mother says it was?)
HOW OLD IS HE? 28.
WHO IS TALLER? Him, by an inch. I've recently thrown my cares to the wind, though, and started wearing high heels anyway, which, actually he encourages.
WHO CAN SING BEST? Me. But Dave sells himself short on just how pleasant his voice is. I think he should sing more.
WHO IS SMARTER? We're different smart. Black and white things like math, chemistry, grammar, etc. come easier for me. Gray things like psychology, people, philosophy, theories, etc. come easier for Dave. Our differences in strengths and passions drive us crazy and bless us.
WHO DOES LAUNDRY? Me. Dave halved my maternity wardrobe last time he did laundry. :) There wasn't much I could say but thanks, though, since I was way too big to do it for myself.
WHO PAYS THE BILLS? Whoever has easier access to the computer when bills are due. 50/50. I pay the taxes, though.
WHO SLEEPS ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE BED? Me, since it's closer to the bathroom...a lasting nighttime effect of having children, for me. Love it.
WHO MOWS THE LAWN? Usually Dave, but me if he doesn't have time. We both consider our marriage remarkably equally weighted. It's something I feel proud of.
WHO COOKS DINNER? Usually me, but I don't do it as often as I ought to. I don't enjoy cooking at all. It bothers me to have to follow someone else's recipe. I'd like to know how to cook from scratch. I'm learning to cook more Italian. Dave's a great cook, though. We both wish he had more time to do it.
WHO IS THE FIRST TO ADMIT THEY ARE WRONG? I'm the first to point out when either of us is wrong. Helpful, huh?
WHO KISSED WHO FIRST? He kissed me. And it took him about 30 minutes of standing inches apart for him to work up the guts. I loved that about him.
WHAT IS HIS BEST QUALITY? His gentleness. He's always a safe place to fall. Which I do quite often.
WHO WEARS THE PANTS? I think we each have a leg in the pants. Can they be red patent leather pants, just for fun?

What's great about your husbands?

8 comments:

Ashlee Marie said...

I have some great from scratch italian recipes if your interested! My next project is to learn to make my own pasta! Yippee!

Josh and Aleesha said...

That's great. I need your new address I have you old one. Thanks.

chiara family said...

Hey Ho..
Ain't seen you around so I thought I would pop in..Are you guys staying for Christmas?

CP said...

You've always been the first to point out when I'm wrong, too. =)

James Yvonne and Elise said...

I love your new background. It is so festive! I have a pair of red snakeskin pants you could both borrow. It is fun to learn about your husband Dave-o.

Melody C. Bondurant said...

Kiely does not have a middle name either...it's not a long time tradition, his parents just couldn't pick a middle name for his sister (Eowyn) Hmm, Eowyn...Sarah??? Sooo, he didn't get one either. It's kind of fun!

I second liking to cook from scratch too. I'll admit we have had a few not-so-delish dinners because of it though. "Live and learn...and then smile real big!"

The Special Reds said...

It wasn't that bad. I think we were all so busy with school/work that I didn't notice the whole "missionary" thing. I'm just glad you married him after all! And I'll always remember your quiche episode.

Natalie said...

So fun to read about you and Dave! We loved your Christmas card and congrats on the 3rd baby!