In the spirit of Thanksgiving, and following my mother's suggestion, here are some things I'm deeply grateful for. Although I am grateful for the fundamentals--faith, family, friends--it's too easy for me to mention only those list-toppers, and forget what comes after them. So here's some of what comes after, for me:
I'm grateful...
1. For a capable body--one that's been able to carry children, run, hug, dance, and play the piano.
2. For the unique quality of Dave's that has helped me feel capable to begin becoming the person I always wanted to become, but didn't know how to. In this moment, I feel specifically happy that he's encouraged me to unlock the artistic and openminded parts of me.
3. That my kisses make my kids' hurts feel better.
4. For truffles and baklava. So delightful.
5. That my children love libraries as much as I do. I love the feeling of being surrounded by thousands of books...all that quiet knowledge just waiting to be read. I'm thankful I live in a country where no matter where I move, I always have a public library for my free enjoyment.
6. For the smell of pinetrees, kids fresh out of the bath, Dave's cologne, fresh rain, and a million other scents that make me contentedly sigh.
What are some small things you are grateful for?
2 comments:
YOU!!! and the fact that you make me smile/laugh every single day. What a blessing you have been!
These aren't in any particular order...
1. Running in the cold rain.
2. Coming home to a nice warm house after running in the rain.
3. My kids smiles.
4. Knowing that my husband loves and adores me.
5. Friends I can keep in touch with via blogs, facebook, etc.
Happy Thanksgiving!
Post a Comment