Saturday, November 29, 2008

Amusements

So, being a mom is full of things I didn't expect. Among them are the moments where I think to myself, "Honestly? Did I actually just have to say that??" Dave and I sort of keep a running list of the no-way-did-that-need-to-be-specified things we say...makes us laugh. So here are sentences I have actually said out loud in the last three days:

1."Eli, you can't run around naked all day. Please at least go put underwear on."
2."Well, you have to be a nice monster. Even monsters can get time-outs."
3."Haven--no. Don't eat the soap."
4."Eli--no sir. We never climb in the trunk."
5."Yes, everyone has boogars. Yep, even Elmo and rhinos have boogars." (At which point Haven joined the conversation, shouting, "I do!! I do boogars!!")
6."No, Haven. You can't have only relish for lunch."
7."We don't drive our (toy) cars on people's faces."
8."I don't think that rhino is going to fit in your pants."
What's not to love??

4 comments:

Kellie O. said...

So funny! Your house is one hilarious place! I am thinking that you all have great imaginations.

Thanks for sharing, you totally cracked me up!

The Special Reds said...

That is great! What a fun idea to write what YOU say down, not what the kids say. I'm sure I say things like that all the time but don't give it a second thought. Thanks for sharing!

Josh and Aleesha said...

That is so funny. I was actually thinking the same thing today after I told Tatum "I don't care if you want Trey to be pink, we never color on our brother with pink lip gloss" It is amazing the things our kids make us say.

curly girl said...

I think, "Wow. There's something I never thought I'd say" ALL the time around here. I should be better at recording them! Thanks for the nudge!