Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Week O' Excitements

This last week has been full of excitements...hooray for excitments! Among the list (and in no particular order) are:

Proposition 8...I'm surprised and grateful that it passed!


Ok, even though President-Elect Obama and I strongly disagree on many issues, I will say that it's about time we elected someone other than a white male as President. In that regard, good for us, finally!!

Halloween Family Hayride...David is so unbelievably busy we don't get to do many family dates right now, so this was a particularly fun night for everyone. And also, I spent the whole night trying to refrain from biting Haven's legs in those black tights, which challenge I thoroughly enjoyed...so stinkin' cute!!

IT IS FINISHED!!! Last night I finished the unabridged "Les Miserables"...all 1460 complex pages of it! And may I say, it lives up to every amazing, breathtaking thing anyone has ever said about it. Absolutely phenominal. One I'm sure I'll read again sometime. Amazing.

And last but not least, this salad has been a continuing source of excitement for me all week. I've made it 4 or 5 times this last week. Spinach, cranberries, walnuts, and mandarins, topped with a strawberry vinagrette. Holy yum.
What was exciting about your week?



9 comments:

shauntel said...

Hey, was Elijah an elephant? I think we have the same costume.

Kaylene said...

Um, I'm going to make your salad. It does look holy yum! Except I will prolly substitute for the spinach, cause I'm not that good of a person.

I echo your political sentiments. I'm amazed and glad that all 3 states passed those props. AND I'm glad he won - it's exciting. I think there will be lots that happens down the path of good, and lots down the path of bad... but I'm glad I'm here to see it.

april said...

might i just say that your hair is still looking fab. glad you had a good week. that salad does look divine. i'm glad about the politics too (esp. since i would've and did vote yes on both). as for my highlight thus far, it would be really liking jake's new gastroenterologist

LeMira said...

I remember when I finally finished that novel, too. I do have to say, though, that next time I read it I'll stick to the abridged version. The history and political background was more than my brain could handle.

Amanda said...

Will you please send me some of that salad??

I have a hard time putting them together at home for some reason. If someone else makes them, or they are in a restaurant..no problem.

Haven's legs are scrumptious.

Your hair is darling.

Your comments on my blog made my day. You are sweet.

The Special Reds said...

I'm glad prop 8 passed, but now scared of the people protesting (especially in front of the LDS temple and SLC temple square.) But it passed! And other than that. my week was okay. Not much exciting news to report, other than my recent blog post (which is too long to share here.) Love ya!

CP said...

congrats on les mis. I'll call soon. love you!

CP said...

congrats on les mis. I'll call soon. love you!

Candace said...

I am very happy too that prop 8 has pass. I pray that it will stay that way.