Thursday, September 4, 2008

Two Big Firsts

We had two big "firsts" in our house this last week! First and foremost, Elijah had his first day of "school" today. Four other women and I are doing a one-morning-a-week little co-op preschool for our 3-year olds. Elijah was very excited about going to school, but changed his mind upon arriving at the host mom's home this morning. Apparently, though, he cheered right up right after I walked out the door. He told me he learned all about ocean animals and read a story about an octopus who was sad. Haven and I used the time to go shopping together, which turned out to be a fun date for us, and to meet with a deaf woman in our church who is helping me improve my sign language so I can help interpret for the deaf women in our ward. (I'm interpreting for the first time this Sunday. I'm very nervous...wish me luck!) Anyhow, here's a picture of the big man headed out the door:
The other big first was that I tried making homemade bread for the first time. My mom gave me a Kitchen-Aid five years ago, and this was the first time I used it. I know, I know, shameful, but I was just so intimidated by it! So here's me putting the dough together, during one of 5--yes, 5--phone calls to my mom asking for bread-making help.
And the finished product!
So...a fun week for us! Did anyone else have any fun firsts this week?

8 comments:

CP said...

Good for you and Eli! Charlotte-Ann had a first...her first medical procedure. We had her tongue clipped. She is doing well.

James Yvonne and Elise said...

Yeah to Eli and his first week of pre-school. I am so excited to be invited over to try your bread. (do you like how I invite myself over?)
Here is my first, I quit getting my nails done for the first time in 9 years. I know its lame but it was a way for me to cut back on our spending so that I can stay home.

Peterson's said...

How cute is he on his way to school!

Hey, I don't blame you for being afraid of the kitchen aid, I grew up with a Bosch and I am physically disabled when I use a Kitchen Aid. Hence, I never invested in one, and I'm still saving for my Bosch.

My first; we played tennis this week! Our first time since last summer.

The Special Reds said...

What a great thing for moms to do--a preschool. I have thought about doing that for Blake in a year, since I probably won't be able to afford REAL preschool (Julianna's lucky it's free for her). Let me know how it goes. First for us--read my recent blog post--it tells about the first time Blake locked himself in a bedroom. Ahh!

Amanda said...

girl. you gotta use your kitchen aid more!! good for you for making bread. Elijah looks so big going off to school. Tonight, is my first PTA meeting.

april said...

i was going to comment on the kitchen aid thing too. i always feel bad for people who don't have kitchen aids; really, lindsey, do cherish that one a little more.

elijah looks great and so big. i'm happy for him.

Candace said...

That bread looks so good. Good job!

jamesrivergirl said...

You look like you're holding up a new baby. Congrats!(I found your blog from Shreann's.)