I have reached a new level of motherhood. One that I have made extensive efforts to never achieve. My time, however, has come. I could not avoid it any longer.
I have flown on an airplane alone with my children. (Can you believe I've made it this far without ever doing that?? I'm such a wimpy mama! I also make strenuous efforts to not go on long shopping trips with them. To all you capable moms out there--am I alone in this?) Turns out, flying alone with children is just as hard as it looks, but is, in fact, manageable. I did at least get a good laugh out of the fact that I spent almost the whole plane trip explaining and re-explaining the difference between a "pilot" and a "pirate" to Elijah. We had some serious confusion about that.
Anyhow, the trip to Oregon was blissful. We were there for two weeks. They say a picture is worth a thousand words, so...

Two of the greatest parts of having a three-year-old. Fantastic artwork, and a never-ending supply of dandelions, sweetly picked just for me. Love it.

My dad and Elijah watching a tiger special on the animal channel. They had a good time, and I laughed as my dad had to do some fast-talking when the tiger suddenly killed a deer. Oops!

I participated in a Portland-to-Coast speed-
walkathon while I was home. This is one of my greatest friends from high school, whose team I was on. The
walkathon was a part of the Hood to Coast relay--17,000 participants from 44 countries and all 50 states. I walked two legs of the race--this picture was taken right after my 4:30am shift. It was a blast, but I'm still sore...
(I now know that speed walking demands a little more respect than I used to give it!)
First true pigtails! They lasted a whole 6 minutes!

We went to a funky hat store. This is Haven in the hot dog hat. She had the most hilarious, unamused picture in every hat we tried on her.

Elijah on the Seaside
carousel.

Elijah driving the riding lawnmower. We did this a LOT, all up and down my parents' street. Am I from a small town or what?

Haven loves to much ice, and she loves my sister Kelsie. Does anyone else think Haven looks like she's half Kelsie, half Dave??

Elijah and my mom roasting marshmallows on their back porch.

Haven thought this pot full of ice-cold hose water was just perfect for sitting in. Who wouldn't?

Running down sand-dunes at the beach.
Ahhh, the beach. The kids were crazy about it, although Eli was a little disappointed that he didn't get to see any whales.

Don't you just want to spend all day kissing those lips??
8 comments:
Great pics from your trip! You are very brave to travel with both kids on the plane. I don't think I could do that yet! Way to go. And as far as grocery trips, I try to go when Julianna is at preschool, or even better, when they're in bed, although I only do that when Joel is busy with homework. By the way, my sister Callie and her husband and 2 kids are now living in Eugene--her husband Craig just started law school at the University of Oregon. They LOVE it so far. I hope to visit Oregon someday.
way to go lindsey. i would have loved to have overheard the pirate/pilot conversation. haven is just beautiful. it's fun to see how she growing up. glad you had such a great time. oregon is beautiful.
Loved all the pics- mostly Haven in a Hot dog hat! Right as I saw that pic I thought..."Man..., Haven looks so much like Kelsie!", then two pics later saw you pointing out the same thing!
I'm glad you survived the flight and more than enjoyed your time home.
Only one thing to say...I need a riding lawnmower. Cool.
Yeah, I found your blog again! I found it once and couldn't find it after that. Your train of thought amuses me so much - you crack me up. Those pictures of Oregon make me miss the NW - I'm sure Bent would love the beach, too! That tiger story made me laugh - I know I would waste SO much time watching the animal planet. I am addicted to it.
I admire you for taking two kids on a plane. I haven't done that, even with Bill, it's too scary. I'm glad you had a nice trip!
Loved the hair cut. I have done that several times in the last few years. Last August was the most drastic (Matthew waited a few days and very nicely and sincerely asked me to please not cut my hair that short in the future). I'm a sucker for my man. I still haven't decided where the cut off is though :) So, I check your blog all the time, but don't leave feedback because you get lots of lovin' from other bloggers :) I'm glad you still enjoy visiting Astoria. It really is a nice place to VISIT :)
your kids are absolutely adorable! i love it! oh, and you inspired me to watch "Chocolat" tonight-- I checked it out a few days ago from the library before i read your post, and i haven't had the chance to watch it, so tonight is the night!
Post a Comment