Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Blessed.

David was in a motorcycle accident Monday morning. The accident involved multiple cars--David was stopped at a stoplight and was struck from behind by a truck. He was pushed into the two cars in front of him. The bike was totalled. David did sustain some injuries, but, miraculously, seems to be recovering well. He's at home now, just taking it one step at a time. We are hoping for a complete recovery.

Many facts about the accident make it clear that David should not have lived through the crash, or should have been paralyzed. We both have had many deep and strong spiritual impressions that the only reason he's walking around today is because the Lord protected him. There's no other explanation. I don't know why God chose to protect David that day, but I'm so grateful for the feelings of peace, comfort, love, and faith that He's given us. We've cried many times over the miracles that kept David alive and over the tremendous love and support we've felt from the family and friends who were immediately aware of the accident. Please continue to keep us in your prayers as we work through the aftermath of what's happened. We'll keep you updated as we're able--we love you and are grateful for your friendship!

11 comments:

Chrissy said...

Oh I'm so glad you posted! I just can't stop thinking about all of you! I'm so thankful that Dave's ok! Sending our love for a speedy recovery!

The Bergmans said...

We will definitely keep Dave and your family in our prayers-

LeMira said...

You're in ours -- we love you!

shauntel said...

ditto all the other comments. miss you guys. :)

The Special Reds said...

Wow, what a story! Glad he's okay and hope he will recover soon. What a blessing!

Lorraine said...

let us know if you need anything and when the kids can come over and play.

jennah said...

Oh my! I'm so surprised and saddened to hear of Dave's accident. We will certainly keep him and all of you in our prayers. I await to hear more...

Amanda said...

I'm so sorry!

We are happy that he is home and recovering well. I'm glad he is in your capable and loving hands.

We will remember him in our prayers.

Kellie O. said...

What a blessing Dave is doing well. We will keep you and your family in our prayers!
The Openshaws

annie said...

Lindsy, Hi this Annemarie Allen I don't know if you remember me from the ward when we lived their 3 yrs ago. I saw your blog through Lara's and I want to say how sorry I am that Dave was in that terrible accident. I'm grateful that he didn't get hurt worse than it sounds like he could have.

The Lord is truly aware of all of us and our needs and he will continue to be their for you and your family at this difficult juncture in your life.

Your family will be in our prayers. May God bless you.

Addie said...

I'm thankful Dave is safe!