Once upon a time there was a sweet little boy named Eli. He desperately loved city buses. Deep in his heart, he wanted his family to ride on one together. One day, Eli's wish came true. It was time for his family to go on a family date! His family lived right next to a bus stop, but getting on at that stop wouldn't have given him very much time on the bus. So, they piled into the car and drove to a bus stop a little farther away. His little heart was overflowing with anticipation, excitement, and joy as they waited for the bus, rode it to the mall, bought cookies to share, and rode the bus back to the car. Could life get better? Not for Eli.
That night Eli snuggled into bed, sighed, and slept happily. And his parents slept happily too, knowing that Eli was, for that day, content to the bone.
The End.
***Update on Dave: He's recoverig beautifully. Barring any unforeseen events, he should be fully healed in a few weeks. We are blessed, and grateful. Thank you again for your prayers.***
That night Eli snuggled into bed, sighed, and slept happily. And his parents slept happily too, knowing that Eli was, for that day, content to the bone.
The End.
***Update on Dave: He's recoverig beautifully. Barring any unforeseen events, he should be fully healed in a few weeks. We are blessed, and grateful. Thank you again for your prayers.***
8 comments:
How fun! Now I want to go on a family date too. Glad to hear Dave is recovering.
glad to hear dave is recovering well. i love that you drove farther so the ride would be longer. eli does look content (as well as continuing to be a mini-dave).
I am laughing so hard right now! I love it. Glad to hear Dave is doing well also.
What a fun trip for Eli! If you come to Japan to visit us we can take TRAINS! He'll LOVE that. It was SO good to see you, hope to repeat it soon.
What a great story! How cute that he always wanted to go on a bus. It must be true for all kids...when Julianna started preschool a year ago, I planned on driving her myself, because I wasn't sure about the whole bus thing. But sure enough, after lots of begging, she got her way, and she LOVES the bus. I think it makes her feel like a big kid. And Blake loves watching her leave on the bus. Buses are popular around our house. And way to have a family date. Maybe that's what we should call our outings! Glad to hear Dave is recovering well.
This is the sweetest story. Can you even put a price on his face in that picture on the bus?
Good for you for making his dreams come true! He will remember it always.
That is way too cute. YOUR KIDS ARE SO GORGEOUS.. I am glad to hear that David is alright. What a blessing.
Don't you love it when you can make your kids' dreams come true so very easily? Like, without major cash involved?!
I am so glad to hear that Dave is healing up. I think of you guys often. I love miracles! Kristin
Post a Comment