Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Five Things

Tagged by my wonderful cousin Katie, here I go...

Ten years ago: I was 16, enjoying a new driver's license, and was best friends ("seriously, I don't like him like that--we're just friends") with Dave. What a dorkus. I was crazy about him. I guess I just didn't see how it would ever work out. Oh, and 10 years ago I was one summer away from totally my car backing out of my driveway...ahhh, the things that lay ahead.

Things I'd do if I was a Billionaire: Pay off our student loans and our house. Buy a van. Pay for therapy to help me come to grips with the fact that I'm going to have to drive a van. And--I know this sounds schmarmy, but I really mean it--I'd do all kinds of stuff to anonymously help other people out. Just...pay off someone's schooling, car, hospital bill, groceries in line behind me...whatever. It would feel GREAT.

Three Bad Habits: 1. Staying up too late. I know I'm going to be tired, but I just...can't...drag...myself...to bed. 2. Popping my knuckles. I know, I know. It grosses me out too. I've resolved to stop this roughly a million times. No progres yet. :) 3. Worrying. I never used to think that I was a worrier until David pointed out all the glowing, neon signs of it to me. Turns out he's right. I routinely get all wound up about whether I'm enough of a wife, mom, person. I'm learning about the Savior's grace. :)

Five places I've lived: 1. Astoria, Oregon. Home, with every positive connotation. 2. Iasi, Romania. An indescribable, blissful, rewarding, and horrendously difficult experience. 3. Manchester, Connecticut. I'd move back in a heartbeat. Fantastic people, history, charm, and scenery. 4. Lubbock, Texas. I'm working hard to love it. Friendly people, though. 5. La-La Land. At some point every day, my head is somewhere completely different than in the present. Sometimes it's a fun thing, and other times I really need to pay more attention.

Five jobs I've had: Bank teller, county road flagger (this job was awesome--outdoors, dirty, down-to-earth people, and a breeding ground for jokes), nurse's aid, receptionist, labor and delivery nurse (I LOVE my job).

Five People I'm Tagging: Katie tagged most of my family, so...I don't know. Leah, Mel, Kera, Alexis, LeMira, Lara, April...anyone who needs a blog-entry start.

3 comments:

Kaylene said...

1. Elijah is just hilarious. Every time I read your quotes list I just cannot wait for Max to start talking, and I hope he says such insightful things. I've probably told you that before but it's still true.

2. The week before Max came a month early, I was leaving someone's driveway and backed very hard into a tree. I will never know if the two are related. Thankfully the tree stopped me from ending up in a large ditch, in which case I'm pretty sure they would have been related.

3. Ohhh, I am so going to need therapy also when I have to buy a van! You'd think having been forced to drive one as a teenager would make it easier now, but no.

4. If you learn how to make yourself go to bed earlier, let me know!!

Bre said...

Linds, have you already forgot good ole Provo? I saw it wasn't listed in 5 places you've lived. :) Oh, and I loved your comment on my blog. I totally forgot about my "makeup" comment on our way to romania! I was laughing so hard. Ah, good times, good times.

Peterson's said...

Hey, you can borrow Breaking dawn from me if you want!