Thursday, January 10, 2008

(happy sigh)

My friend Amanda posted a wonderful idea on her blog. Instead of a New Year's resolution, she chose a word to focus on throughout the year. I love this. I never last long with my New Year's resolutions (once I only lasted 10 hours), usually because I forget about them (shocking, I know). But a word to remember...I can do that. I've chosen two, which I'm posting in my kitchen and bathroom to remind me all year. They'll remind me close my eyes, breathe, grin my fullest, and take in every wonderful moment that this year will afford. My words are:
release
1.
to free from confinement, obligation, pain, etc.; to let go.
2.
to free from anything that restrains, fastens, etc.
3.
to allow to be known, issued, done, or exhibited.
4.
to give up, relinquish, or surrender (a right, claim, etc.). –noun
5.
a freeing or releasing from confinement, obligation, pain, emotional strain, etc.
6.
liberation
from anything that restrains or fastens.
.
.
.
enjoy
1.
to experience with joy

3 comments:

Ashlee Marie said...

How funny, your the 4th person i know doing this now. It start with this (christinekane (dot) com/blog/resolution-revolution-a-better-way-to-start-your-year/)woman last year, made the blog rounds and now everyone is starting it! What a great word.

The Special Reds said...

Sounds like a great idea, Lindsey! I like your word choice. I think all moms need to release once in a while! If we let things build up, eventually we will BLOW up! I'm sure you know what I mean. By the way, did you ever decide on a new name for your blog?

Amanda said...

These are two awesome words! Your kids are so big and adorable! Glad you got to see your family over the holidays.