Thoughts of a passionate, quick-to-laugh, often-anxious, hamsterwheeling brain.
Wednesday, January 9, 2008
Dwight, Jim, Michael, and Pam...where are you???
I feel the need to support my friend Bre in her misery by saying: I, too, miss "THE OFFICE"!!! My Thursday nights feel empty, and all Dave and I can do is walk around quoting old episodes. When will the joy return???
3 comments:
Anonymous
said...
I couldn't have said it better myself! I am desperate for new episodes. Hope Texas is treating you well!
I know. It really is pathetic. If this strike goes on much longer, I'm contemplating writing my own show called, "The Classroom" Where we follow the day in the life of one random spastic autistic kindergarten teacher and her even more spastic students. Obviously, I'd be the star. I'll be casting the show within a month. If you think you'll be in town, maybe I'll cast you as an extra. ;)
Yes they do. For real. I miss my Thursday nights! But I confess I've stopped checking so if you find out when it will return, let us all know lest we miss it!
Elijah: (running in from outside) "I have to go poo!"
Me: "Ohhh-kay. Sounds like a good plan."
Elijah: (pausing at the bathroom door to smile coyly and wiggle his eyebrows slightly at me) "It is. It's one of the greats."
Malachi: (sadly, after David left to get in the shower) "Daddy? Daddy. Mo' (more)."
Me: "You want more of Daddy?"
Malachi:(hanging his head dejectedly) "Daddy. Mo'."
Me: "Dane, I love you to the moon and back."
Dane: (looking me right in the eye, with words just pouring out of him) "Me too, Mom. I love you. I love you more than butterflies and I love you more than playing outside and I love you more than caterpillars and I love you more than a toy and I love you more than all my toys." (then he just hopped and skipped outside)
Elijah: (eating a banana) "The best banana I ever had was....February 22nd."
Me: (laughing) "How do you remember it was February 22nd?"
Elijah: (sincerely) "Well...I don't remember EXACTLY, but I know it was in the 20's. Man, that banana tasted like CANDY."
Haven: (with an oh-well kind of smile and a shrug) "Today at school Ms. Hagood asked what my talent was and I said my talent was getting hurt, 'cuz...it is. I do that a LOT."
Elijah: (coming to me randomly, before church) "Mom, who's Uncle Benny?"
Me: (a little confused) "We don't have an Uncle Benny."
Elijah: "No. Benny."
Me: "We don't have an Uncle Benny."
Elijah: (really emphasizing the words and speaking very loudly, like I'm not hearing him) "No. BEN-NY!!!"
Me: "Yeah. I got it. I don't know what you're talking about. We don't have an Uncle Benny."
Elijah: (mystified) "We don't?? Well...THAT'S a bummer." (and then he just walked away)
3 comments:
I couldn't have said it better myself! I am desperate for new episodes. Hope Texas is treating you well!
Tice
I know. It really is pathetic. If this strike goes on much longer, I'm contemplating writing my own show called, "The Classroom" Where we follow the day in the life of one random spastic autistic kindergarten teacher and her even more spastic students. Obviously, I'd be the star. I'll be casting the show within a month. If you think you'll be in town, maybe I'll cast you as an extra. ;)
Yes they do. For real. I miss my Thursday nights! But I confess I've stopped checking so if you find out when it will return, let us all know lest we miss it!
Post a Comment