Sometimes (most of the time) I'm so into mom-ing that I forget all the stuff that was a part of my life before tiny feet came into the picture. Like the Dave Matthews CD I cleaned to the other night after the kids were in bed. I love that CD. We mostly listen to Raffi all day, so sometimes I forget that I own other CD's. Listening to Dave made me realize that there are parts of me that I miss. Which is ok. I wouldn't go back to my pre-kid days for anything...mom-ing has wonderful breathtaking moments. Nonetheless, I've resolved to integrate more of Old Lindsey into New Lindsey. More jogging, more Dave Matthews, more spontaneous ice cream runs. And this time, I get to take my two little buddies with me! Has anyone else ever rediscovered themselves?
And the new Christmas pics are coming...we just bought a new desktop computer (yay!) and we (meaning David) have to transfer all the stuff onto it. So...that'll come soon. We had a great holiday, though, filled with family, games, excitement, and laughing. All the good stuff.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Yeah, we can't wait to see Christmas pictures of those sweet kids! I too felt taken over by the mom-ing for the first few years. But the last few years I've, with Bill's encouragement and support, done stuff for me. Like girls night out, or cake decorating classes/teaching, and supporting my never ending projects... And it's made me a better wife and mother to put myself first for a few hours a week. Good luck figuring out what works for you.
You just reminded me I need to plan my fun this week! I have only been missing myself for 10 months but last week talking to Trevor I resolved to find myself again before I get too far gone :) So he's giving me time every once in a while for my own stuff, that I used to love, and it's really good.
Thanks for this post; it is nice to be reminded that every mom needs this and it can be done!
Such a good post! I agree! There are parts of me that got "lost" after having kids. Some that might not be the same...and some I'm learning to bring back to life.
Sometimes the day dreams of pre-mommy life try to catch me up, but in the end they are always so empty compared to having my little men.
...And then, there are the things that I've learned only since being a mom...like stopping and dancing to Michael Buble' when he comes on the radio, and licking the beaters and bowl when we make goodies (honestly, I was the boring one that was "too dignified" and just rinsed them off). And giving hugs and kisses and saying "I love you" without being afraid of saying it too much!!!
Post a Comment