Elijah and Haven have become quite the pair. They're pretty crazy about each other, which is so fun to see. Yesterday we took Elijah to the temple for FHE while my sister-in-law stayed with sleeping Haven. As we were driving, Elijah looked over at Haven's empty carseat and said, "Where's Haven? I miss her. I like to hug her." I melted, head to toe! Tonight I was nursing Haven and rocking her in the rocking chair while Elijah played around in her bedroom. She was so excited about him being there that she wouldn't eat. She just kept looking for him, then exploding in fits of giggles at whatever he was doing--talking funny, jumping up and down, trying to tickle her. I love that they love each other. I used to feel guilt that I couldn't give as much individual attention to each of them, after Haven was born, but that guilt has all faded away as I see what we HAVE given them--each other. I had no idea how amazing motherhood would be--way harder, and more rewarding than I ever could have imagined.

Dude. Let's roll.

Buddies!
10 comments:
so fun! siblings are the best!
I know what you mean, before Jonathan was born I felt so bad that I was cutting our time together so short, and would never be able to give Jonathan as much, but they've been so great together. And now with 4 they get even less from me, but that much more from eachother! Hard, and worth it.
You make me want to have the second one already!
Oh goodness they are so cute, and I love your awareness of having given them each other. You see things so accurately. I miss listening to your practicality and understanding on just about everything. I just miss you guys! Keep the blog up please. I look everyday for updates on you guys. By the way, I just asked Jack what he wanted to say to Eli since I'm writing you and without hesitation he said "Just come home Eli!" He really thinks your still on vacation. By the way, we just advanced to the big boy bed! Oh the strides...
This week play group is at our house. I told Anabelle who was coming and when i was finished she said "What about Elijah?" I told her that you moved and she said "will I ever see him again?" I told her maybe someday. She then sighed with sadness at losing a friend. It was cute. Hope your doing well!
This is one of the great secrets of parenting...giving siblings to your kids. Elijah and Haven will know each other longer than anyone else in life and it's a wonderful gift. Haven is adorable! How much is she weighing now??
Aw, man! I was all set to NEVER GET PREGNANT again haha at least not for 3 years because the thought of feeling like this all over AND raising a two-year-old simultaneously is just nuts. But you force me to reconsider :)
It is so true! I read in a wonderful book once that having more kids shows our children that we love them so much and enjoyed them so thoroughly that we realized it was worth it to have more! : )
There is truly nothing more precious to Kiely and I than seeing our boys "entertain" each other and the hugs and kisses they give.
Servinos! I found your blog through your comment on the one Charlie set up for Geraldine. Holy cow your kids are so cute! Congrats guys - it looks like you're doing great. Glad to have your blog so I can keep updated with you. Take care and we miss you! The Nelsons
Oh! And here's our blog: http://phillynelsons.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment