So we are finally here and getting settled in Lubbock! Traveling home was wonderful (when ISN'T Oregon wonderful??), but it's also nice to have a permanent place. Both kids had
serious sleeping issues when we got here (each waking 3-7 times each night...
tremendous fun), but now they've both adjusted a bit and seem to have remembered the value of sleep once again. We've met several of our neighbors, including the fire ants and prarie dogs. We've also seen my brother and his wife almost every day...I love living by family again! Dave has already started classes--he's very excited about the program and we both feel that it's right to be here. Elijah and I have already located a park with green grass, and all four of us are regulars at the swimming pool. I've got a couple job interviews next week for another per diem nursing job--one on a cardiac unit and one in labor and delivery. I'm hoping for the delivery room job...we'll see which job is more family-friendly. Aside from missing our Connecticut friends to the point of occasional tears, we are happy, healthy, and excited for this new adventure. Here's some recent pics...

Our first ever washing machine...how I love it! If any of y'all :) come to visit, please don't bring ANY clean laundry--we could just throw it in the wash when you get here!! Yay for laundry!!

My brother, Austin, with Haven and her cousin (his son), Taggart.
Elijah deciding his fork was a waste of time...
My happy boy...growing up far too fast.
Haven's a maniac in this thing--she actually jumps so high in it that she clears the seat! I guess in this pic she just needed a break. We turned around and she was just zonked!
My happy girl...she's so gleeful when she smiles!
8 comments:
How exciting to see your new pictures! Unmistakably I can tell you sure love your washer very much! We’ll remember NOT to bring any clean laundry with us when we come to visit your neighbors fire ants and prairie dogs. :)
So exciting to “see” you and your family again! Have fun there! And please say hi to Dave for us. We sure miss you guys very much! (Jennah, April and I just talked about you guys yesterday...)
YEAH!!! I'm so glad your in TX and settled enough to write again! I can't wait to see you and your beautiful family. I'm grateful to be close for the next few years. Keep up the posts, we love pictures and updates.
thanks for the update (and comment)! it's so great to hear from you guys; we miss ya. you all sure look great and i'm glad that you are settling in and have a washing machine. when pat went back to graduate school, i told him that i would NOT live without a washing machine again. i'm amazed you made two years here in connecticut without one. oh, and we had fire ants in florida on our internship. they are pretty scary when you have kids that love to run around.
glad you are settling so well. have fun!
Yeah! an update with pictures! What a big girl all sitting up on her own! Oh the milestones I'll miss. Don't forget to post each one! We miss that "big boy" of yours sooo much. (Jack immediately knew who his mail was from before he opened it. He's still waiting for Eli to "come home" because this is only a big long vacation, right?-we wish! ) I hope you get the L&D job too! You'll be great at whatever you do though. Hope Lubbock continues to pleasantly surprise you. Good luck with everything (esp. that sleep thing!) We Love You!! Jennah
Your blogs always make me smile (have I mentioned that before?) It must be wonderful to be near family. It seems that even close friends don't quite fill the bill.
yay! For your washing machine. I absolutely adore mine and can't imagine life without it...in fact, we've decided to keep it when we sell the house. The new owners can have everything else...the stove, fridge etc. But I'm takin' the washer!!!
Adorable pics of the kids as well. Oh how I wish we hadn't missed you when you visited. We'll just have to be extra sure we get together over Christmas!!!
Congrats, and I TOTALLY understand the whole waking up too many times at night thing. Jackson always regresses when we go on vacation -- I can't imagine dealing with two doing that.
Yeah! We are glad to see you are doing well. I'm so glad to see Haven smiling..I don't think she ever smiled for me in CT. Love your washer. We miss you!
i had almost given up checking your blog...but, when rock-doggie got a letter the other day...i had to take a peek...and there you were!!! YEA!! oh, we miss you so much! i can't even begin to tell you! but, we loved your mail! every day i look at the mickey sled and think of you...and sit on the christmas couch...and think of you! i'm so happy that you guys are doing well...despite the ants! we love you! keep blogging!! your kiddos are too cute not to! we miss all our inappropriate FHE/hometeaching visits! love to all of you!
ps...love your washer!! HOT!!
Post a Comment