We spent an entire month in Oregon this summer. David's main job can be done from anywhere, so we took full advantage of it and spent time with family, family, family this summer. It felt so good! (Who vacations for a month?? We totally did that. We were "those" people. Turns out you don't actually have to be rich to do that. You just have to have a super flexible job and be gifted airline tickets. Boom.) We all agreed it was our favorite vacation ever. We did all the touristy-Astoria things, had tons of non-scheduled time together, and came home relaxed and grateful for our family and the breathtaking place we grew up in. Here's a picture-fest of the trip.
 |
| On the plane on the way to Oregon! |
 |
| Cannon Beach. There's nothing quite like Oregon beaches. |
 |
| None of the kids were dissuaded by the freezing water. They always love the ocean. |
 |
| This is my mom, summarized in a picture. Dog at her feet, barefoot, out being active, football under her arm bc she was throwing with Elijah (she's the best female football thrower/catcher I've ever seen, seriously). |
 |
| Love. |
 |
| He had a thumb ouchie that only Same-Same (my dad) could make right. |
 |
| Daredevils at the county fair. This ride went high, fast, spinny, and long. Glad they have each other to ride with! |
 |
| If this is not the perfect "I'm four and I can't figure out how to smile like a regular person, am I doing it?" look, I don't know what is. Makes me laugh! |
 |
| She felt badly that Elijah was riding this super-spinning ride alone, so she joined him, then regretted it for the next two hours. :) |
 |
| More rides! |
 |
| My parents. |
 |
| We all went ziplining (except Kai, who didn't weigh enough). SO FUN. |
 |
| My dad. |
 |
| All our kids love fishing. We went several times. |
 |
| Our little family, post-fishing and boating. |
 |
| My parents set up this MASSIVE 100-foot slip-n-slide in their backyard. We soaped it up with dish soap and had a total blast. |
 |
| My parents. |
 |
| 18 years of friendship. |
 |
| Elijah, Oliver the Dog, my mom. |
 |
| I love that she loves to fish! |
 |
| Someday soon we will be forever done having a four year old in the house. The thought makes me sad. :) |
 |
| Such a patient fisherman! |
 |
| I want. to kiss. his face off. |
 |
| Kai turned four during our trip. This picture isn't staged. He actually was THAT excited about this particular Elephant and Piggie book that he received. |
 |
| Summer sun! |
 |
| Our smart, wonderful, creative bookworm. It is the challenge of the century to keep her supplied with books to read. |
 |
| Grandma Servino ordered an amazing birthday cake for Kai! |
 |
| Dave's mom and Haven. |
 |
| Bowling! Kai and I got the exact same score. That's not a joke. That's what an awesome bowler I am. |
 |
| This picture makes my heart happy. |
 |
| The Columbia River. This river is a part of me. |
 |
| Great Grandma Fran and the kids. |
 |
| David and his dad. |
 |
| Waiting for the Regatta Parade! |
 |
| Servino grandparents and the kids. Our kids have been blessed with two absolutely amazing sets of grandparents. |
 |
| Trying waterskiing for the first time. |
 |
| She went around the entire lake and never did eat it. We had to yell for her to let go of the rope when she started signaling that she was too tired to keep going! |
 |
| Dane got right up on his first try and stayed up for a super long time. So fun to watch these guys ski...we went when I was growing up and I always enjoyed it! |
 |
| One of my life's greatest friends and blessings. No words for how much I love this girl! |
 |
| Brian, a family friend, offered to boat surf with Dane. Dane didn't hesitate for a second. He just jumped right in, trusted Brian, did what he said, and loved every second. :) |
 |
| Kai's favorite parts of boating were eating licorice and riding in the fast boat. He did plenty of both. |
 |
| First time I've skied in like 15 years, and first time I've ever boat surfed--so fun! But holy sore-the-next-day. Turns out my body has had four kids and isn't 18 years old anymore. Huh. Weird. |
 |
| Dave at work in the dress-up hat Haven brought him. It totally helped him work efficiently. |
 |
| My dad, Elijah, Haven. |
 |
| Love this girl! |
 |
| This man. My father. Oh my gosh, I love him. He asked me if this outfit matched, because it was all plaid, and plaid matches plaid, right?? He realized it didn't, when I started laughing and asked to take his picture. There are no words. |
 |
| Another life friend and blessing. It makes me so happy to catch up with people I love! |
 |
| One of my cousins. The beach was absolutely freezing and windy this night, but I'm so glad we braved it to be able to spend more time with her sweet, fun family. Pretty sure she has some of the most amazing kids on the planet. |
 |
| One of Dane's many catches! |
 |
| Houghtaling cousins + ice cream = one heck of a happy afternoon. |
 |
| My sister, Kelsie. Isn't she lovely? |
 |
| This picture warms my heart. Not sure what about it makes me so happy, but...I'm crazy about him, and this picture looks very "him" to me. |
No comments:
Post a Comment