Monday, August 6, 2012

Malachi

 Our Favorite McChubster recently turned ONE!

I am crazy about this kid. He is happy, easy, quick to smile, cuddly, and curious. He is marvelous, and I am thankful every day that I somehow mustered enough courage (read: leaned on David's deep conviction) to follow David's lead and bring this one into the world.

He has recently become..."explorative" enough that he is now trouble. Sweet, funny, happy trouble. His age is one of my favorites, developmentally. He just toddles around happily most of the day, babbling and taking stuff out of the cupboards and shelves, laughing at his siblings, throwing away things that are not garbage (we have to check it every time we through REAL garbage away), trying to sneak past the gate so he can climb up the stairs. Their ideas at this age always strikes me as so amusingly random. Even their movements are erratic, like walking is sort of a perpetual state of not-falling. The Drunken Sailor Gait. I love it. 

Some of my favorite pictures from the days surrounding his birthday are below.

Because this totally looks comfortable, right?

This makes me smile every time I see it.

"Here Mom, I have a neat thing I like. See it?"

"I think the best thing to do with this neat thing is to throw it away."

"Yeah...I'm smooth like that."

"Wait. What the--where'd my neat thing go??"




Happy Birthday to our littlest one!!

1 comment:

Melody C. Bondurant said...

LOve him! Never met him, but you had me with the chubs! Happy Birthday Kai!