Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Free Commercials

I feel the need to publicly declare my love for Dyson.
I would do a free commercial for them any day. Or every day. Whatever. I love those people.

Their customer service is AMAZING. I had to call them last week and am embarrassed to report that the following exchange took place at the end of my conversation with the Dyson Lady. (In my defense, we ARE in the middle of a huge, messy THING regarding three of Kai's extremely expensive bills from our little RSV episode in January, and the insurance company is being beyond difficult and ridiculous, so...I was raw, for the Dyson call. That's all I'm saying.):

~

Me: "Thank you. So much. I just want to tell you how much I really love Dyson. I mean, I love my vacuum, but I really love the customer service. You guys are incredible. Thank you so much. I will never own anything but a Dyson."
Dyson Lady: "Wow, that's great to hear. I'm so glad!"
Me: "No, I just...I really mean it. I really, really love you guys. A lot. Thank you so much."
Dyson Lady: Oh, good. Yeah, no problem. So that part should be arriving to you--"
Me: (seriously...I came back a THIRD time. I was trying to get myself to shut up, but I just kept going. I'm not gonna lie: it definitely got awkward.) "I--seriously, I can't tell you enough just how much I love Dyson and appreciate your customer service. It's amazing. Thank you so much. You guys are just amazing."
Dyson Lady: "Ok..."

~

I think she was a little afraid. Totally polite, but slightly creeped out. And let's be honest--wouldn't you have been? I was a little out of control with the corporate love. I just could NOT seem to reign it in. But...what can I say? I really, really love Dyson. And wanted to thank them. So much (in case you didn't get that already). I feel a similar, Dyson-like love for Ibuprofen (Tylenol should be ashamed of itself), Apple, BlueBell ice cream, Oakley, Huggies, Maclaren, and Chick Fil-A.

I love products and companies that make me want to do a free commercial for them.


Anybody want to add one to my list?

2 comments:

Becky said...

USAA, Cutco, and Chick-Fil-A. (I know you already said it, but that is just how highly I value the quality of their product and customer service. And the quality of their product.)

Becky said...

2 things: 1. pee-mud is one of "those things," ya know, the list of things you never thought you'd have to tell your kids not to do. That one made me laugh out loud. As did Eli's dream.
2. Rob had to give a talk on Christmas morning back in December. I can not lie, it put a little bit of a damper on the festivities for all of us. He was not his usual chipper self all morning and we were a little rushed getting ready. So I don't fault you for not taking Easter pics. We've been there. However, I will be needing you to recreate the moment and take pictures this week instead. Cause its time for an updated post, my friend.