I know this is a bit unoriginal, but it's meaningful (and timely) for me. So here goes:
I am thankful for...
health--physical and emotional... the gospel of Jesus Christ... the smell of pine trees... Bluebell's pralines and caramel ice cream... ok, fine--just about ANY Bluebell ice cream flavor... digital photographs... captivating books... laughing when you're supposed to be quiet... Cristina--she's so inspiring and she hardly even knows it...
feeling content in motherhood--something I worked for, in many ways... my mother... Sunset Beach... dark chocolate... good health insurance... the way my heart swells when my children are brave...
David, a gifted cuddler and listener who balances me with his steadiness and delights me with his humor... warm bread... holding sleeping babies... the ease with which our children have adjusted to this recent move...
baby fat rolls (I know--it's stunning, isn't it??)... gray skies... answered prayers... good friends--so many wonderful, wonderful friends... my dad... the sound of rain on my rooftop...
the beauty of where we've come to (oh, the trees!!)...
the beauty of where we've come from, and all those amazing people we left behind--how I miss you!!...
Carol, who was willing to fly out just to drive endless hours in the car with us, then help us move in and unpack. (Yes, this is what we looked like at every rest stop as we drove the van and moving truck across the country. I know, I know, you're jealous because it looks like a total blast, all those hours and hours in the car with the puppy and all the kids. Well, too bad for you, 'cause the moving adventure is over now.) ...
a great dog, who loves our children and watches over them... the color blue... getting lost in playing the piano alone... dancing with the kids in the living room with the music turned up loud... running, for miles and miles... The Swappy Joes...
watching my kids experience wonderment and awe... PBSkids.org... naps... Glen's Japanese curry... the way my parents' house feels to me--completely like home even though I never lived there... Zumba... great music...
Kai having found his thumb--I know it's bad for orthodontia later, but it's sure good for sleep (finally) now... Kelsie... people who serve in armed forces... David's education... disposable diapers... curbside recycling... singing lullabies to my children at night...
Elijah's love of reading... Austin... eternal temple marriage and families... creating something artistic... a good house project... toenail polish... my portable Tide With Bleach pen (that thing is just so effective and handy!)... colored paperclips... warm bedsheets on a cold night... Ibuprofen... watching funny stuff with David...
and, so deeply, these four precious gifts.
What are you thankful for today?
10 comments:
Oh my holy fat rolls batman! Haveing just given birth to a 9 lbs SKINNY baby I'm impressed with the pure fatness of those rolls! I mean WOW!!!
I am thankful for people like u who inspire me and for my health, family and the perspective the gospel brings me!
I love to see all the pictures of your growing family! I am also thankful for wonderful people like you. Even though our time in Lubbock was short you and your family made a huge impression on us! We truely miss you guys.
Loved this Lindsey. And thank you for the jumpin' jungle pass, and especially the accompanying note. I love you.
I miss seeing you and your cute family at church :( Looks like things are going well for you guys! You have an amazing family! LOVE your babies fat rolls, that picture made my day yesterday when I saw it!!! Thanks for posting!
kdth, dkwhe, hda... I am rendered speechless. That baby is...OUTSTANDING! Great work you two. Way to finish strong. What a beefy little guy! I can't get over that last pic of the kids on the couch. So great of everybody. Malachi's smile and Haven looking so ravishing in that evening gown. Cute cute. Love love.
I love the baby fat rolls too! I'm jealous! My baby isn't chubby quite yet. I love your list.
SUCH a cute pic of all your kids! Haven is such a beauty. And those baby rolls are fantastic - that is one chubby and healthy baby! They go away too fast...
I am thankful for random bursts of energy in the last month of this pregnancy.
Oh, and I'm happy you are living a green part of the country again. No more living in a dust bowl! Even though I strangely miss it. Weird.
Okay linds.... you need to email or call me and tell me where in the world you are and all the other changes you family has had! LOVed, LOVED, the fat rolls, they reminded me of, well, me actually!!! But so much cuter!
Okay, those fat rolls are IMPRESSIVE! I keep forgetting you have 4. I see the baby and I just think its Dane because thats how I remember him!
Post a Comment