My brain is so laughably (well, ok not always "laughably"...sometimes very "frustratingly"...just ask David) scattered lately. I can't remember words for things, so I make noises and point at things, or else just start describing the thing I can't bring up the word for. David must feel like we are in a perpetual, dawn-til-dusk game of Taboo. This is pregnancy for me. Every time.
It's time to have a baby.
My mom just sent me her flight plans to come momma/grandma it up when #4 arrives. David's mom's plans are in the works. Supreme relief. Both moms are truly wonderful mothers and grandmothers.
It's time to have a baby.
Haven loves to color and draw pictures. She's very good at it. Lately when she draws me, she draws the body part of me as one gigantic circle. Then she brings it to me and says something like, "Look, Mom--I even remembered your great big belly!!" Excellent work, Haven.
It's time to have a baby.
I cannot see my feet. It's been that way for a long time. My desire for sleep is a bottomless pit. I am on prescription heartburn medication that I now have to supplement with over-the-counter heartburn medication. I have new stretch marks. I have dozens and dozens of non-crampy and crampy contractions every day, for the last three months. I am dreaming about patting a tiny baby bum on my shoulder and cradling a tiny baby body while I nurse. I want him. Here. To love and hold and meet. Dane is annoyed that my belly is too big for him to comfortably lean back on when we read books, which he makes manifest to me by pushing his back against my belly or turning around to give me dirty looks.
It's time to have a baby.
Elijah and Haven say that they will love this little brother even if he has purple skin or big dinosaur claws and teeth or if something has gone terribly wrong and it turns out I am growing a monkey instead of a human being. They really did say that.
It's time to have a baby.
Can you tell how the waiting-patiently part of this seems to be eluding me??
What's on your mind these days?
5 comments:
I am jealous of your time to have a babyness. (not prgnant over here, just love the thought of having another one soon).
Your belly looks ridiculously cute :)
Oh, baby. I have a baby, but his 8 month old self looks so grown up next to my sister's week old marsupial bundle of completely dependent cuteness, and 3 pregnant sisters-in-law plus another pregnant sister makes me repeat over and over to myself. I have a baby. I have a baby. I would love to hold yours, though.
I feel for you. I was just there. Waiting was not fun and I finally couldn't wait any longer and gave in to being induced. I'm glad I did too. Good luck holding out just a little longer. You're almost there.
Grandma is LONGING to snuggle this precious grandson and smell his babyness---yes...it's time to have a baby!
Oh I can't wait to come back to Lubbock and see your baby! It's hard the last little bit and I've heard it is SO VERY HOT in Lubbock right now so I want your sweet baby to come quickly so you don't overheat! Good luck this last little bit!
Post a Comment