Friday, May 13, 2011

Destructo-Boy

BIG NEWS: We have a superhero living at our house!! I know, it's an amazing privilege. His name is Destructo-Boy, and he looks like this:

Destructo-Boy has many super powers, all of which have recently been amplified by his newly-gained skill of pulling a kitchen chair all around, enabling him to reach things over twice his height! In the last week, he has wowed us with his super powers by:
.
.
* boldly pouring the bubble container into the dog's water bowl
* swiftly lining the entire kitchen sink with dogfood
* dexterously using a green marker to color on two couches, an activity table, a kitchen chair, and his own superhero arms
* mysteriously breaking a soup bowl that was hidden at the bottom of a stack of dishes
* confidently ensuring that the Texan drought did not affect our kitchen floor, by dumping large amounts of water all over it (or should I say: "WAAAAAA-ter")
* deftly peppering the entire living room with Cheerios from the cupboard
* rapidly swiping the spray bottle and using it to spray all bedroom doors repeatedly until they begin dripping large pools onto the carpet
* agilely learning how to open the bathroom door so he demonstrate his far-reaching Toilet Water Splash effect
* invisibly re-entering the house from the backyard, pulling the extraordinarily muddy outdoor stroller toy through the house behind him
.
.
And ALL of these feats completed with a big, cheesy grin on his dashing, adorable little superhero face.
.
Scroll up and look at that face just one more time. Don't you just want to snuggle him til he pops?? I do. Well, sorry. You'll have to get your own superhero. Destructo-Boy is OURS.

10 comments:

Ashlee Marie said...

That's so cute that you think Destructo-Boy has anything on My Destroying Angel. Miss S could teach D a thing or two...

Becky said...

A. I'll tell you what's super: those pants he's wearing.
B. Are you sure agilely is a word?
C. Good thing he has a mom with super-human patience and the super-human ability to see the humor in all of it with less than a year's time passed. I'd be in a heap crying before he created the second half of the list. :)

Tara said...

I just love your humor in situations like these. Awesome post!

Lisa said...

Sounds like my son to a "T". I need to have your attitude about it all! You are a great example of what I need to be like! LOVE this post!

mom said...

My question is this....where was the mother of this super-human boy during his super-human escapades? Or does he also have an invisibility cloak? This would make sense then....
P.S. I love you

Lindsey said...

Mom--
Where was I?? I was putting socks on, or going to the bathroom, or helping Haven find her other princess slipper (which I swear I have to do every day), or looking for the ringing phone, or taking out a batch of laundry, or taking the My Little Pony out of the dog's mouth, or getting yogurt out for Elijah, or any other number of activities that take less that 5 minutes to complete. Yep. He's THAT fast. :)
And I love you too.
me

mom said...

Oh yeah...I forgot you have other children and a husband and a dog and a house and a yard and a ridiculously time consuming RS calling and a....color me stupid! And I love you more...mom

Lorraine said...

Destructo-boy should join forces with Rozilla. With their powers combined, they'd be unstoppable. And I am completely serious. Good thing they can't drive. yet.

morinsqueen said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Susie Faye said...

linds~! i wrote this great comment back to your hair post way back in february when you post it and my computer did something funky and i lost it and was so mad! so i can't remember what i said now, but i LOVE that post and can so relate!! I love your blog and am happy to have it on my list again, don't know what happened there. also, I am due in a week, thanks for asking, we're excited. How far along are you?