It's been a while. Sorry. We've been treading water, barely keeping our heads above water. Some life phases are like that. (Although I will admit that we have a way of sustaining a level of craziness that occasionally stuns even me.)
The last several weeks have found me...

...giving this one his first breathing treatment. Broke my heart. Let's hope it was
just a freak illness and not the real asthma thing.

...cleaning up TONS of books,
Tupperware lids, and cereal boxes in
this son's wake of destruction. He's my first one to pull things off shelves. Anything. Any shelf. Every day. I can't keep up.

...loving the
thumb-sucking cuddles Dane gives dozens of times each day. I don't have words to describe how
it melts me.

...turning a blind eye to
the hair accessories this child has started
embellishing herself with. Generally it includes between 3-10 hair clips,
large flowers, and/or headbands. This particular day included a Dora
band aid she "needed" spanning her entire nose bridge. Her
gusto and self-confidence is so fantastic.

...sending this one to his
first day of kindergarten! In typical boy style, the only things he managed to tell me about his first day were that he had fun playing outside, at some point they sat on some carpet, and a group of lions is called a pride. No amount of open-ended questioning or encouragement from me could prompt any more from him. He gave me that look like, "Mom, I don't even know what you're making such a big deal about. I'm done with this conversation." I have since found out that
he is a great listener in class, tries to always follow instructions, and tries to help his classmates do the same. Good work,
Mini-Dave.
(It is seriously just unreal how similar those two are.)
What have you been filling your time with?
1 comment:
Dane is the cutest little guy! It looks like you are keeping busy. I still can't believe how big everyone is getting. Haven is a doll, I love her fashion sense!!
Post a Comment