Friday, April 23, 2010

True love

Dear Ibuprofen,
I love you. I don't like using medication, but when it can't be avoided, you are always my drug of choice. Thank you for keeping all three of my babies' fevers under enough control to allow them to sleep through most of the nights this past week. To wake up with a child whose temperature is 104 is scary, and I love, love, love you for effectively turning that into just a low-grade fever. Their fevers have been unbroken for many days. I'm exhausted. Without you, I'm sure I would have been in tears every day. Also, I think it's so clever of you to come in dye-free, berry-flavored form now. Good call. And just between me and you, I think Tylenol is a joke. It's about as effective as peeing on a forest fire.
Your friend,
Lindsey

6 comments:

Addie said...

this is cute and hilarious! I love writing love letters to products and stores too. :) I hope your crew feels better soon.

natalie said...

That last line made my morning. So funny and yet so true.

Natalie said...

I've never tried peeing on a forest fire. Does it work? :)

I agree ibuprofen pretty much saves my bacon when the kids are sick.

Hobbs Family said...

Tylenol is a placebo...I swear. I heart ibuprofen too. I'm sorry it's been a rough week. Is everyone better? Did Haven get it?

The Special Reds said...

I love it! How come I never think to write letters to the medications we use? Because I'm not cool like you! So funny. And glad to hear it helped your kids' scary temperatures! Aren't the temps always the worst at night?

Leah Rainey said...

You always leaving me smiling! I also love Ibuprofen. I think it all started when I got braces in high school.
Leah