Thursday, April 15, 2010

Mmmmmm.

These things are making me smile today:




* finding Elijah's pile of shed clothing, meaning he has complied with the social expectation of wearing actual clothes to school, but has now resumed wearing his customary costumes and/or pajamas...


* thinking about pepper-spraying the nasty little chihuahua that chases David and me every time either of us runs, barring its teeth and trying to bite our ankles (I know it's cruel, but imagining any sort of tragedy befalling that dog really does make me smile.) ...



* seeing our willow tree in full bloom...


* the unceasing rain here that is flooding our yard and street
--love it...


* looking at this sweet, olive-skinned daughter of mine and her perky brunette ponytail...


*driving, listening to the kids cheering and laughing every time another car drives through a huge puddle and splashes ours with water



* watching Elijah's school program with David this morning--Eli was a strongman in their "circus" and I was choked up for the whole thing... (I never expected to be one of those mothers who cries at every one of their children's victories and special moments, but as it turns out, I am their queen.)


* the tiny bump I noticed this morning on Dane's lower gums, signifying that he actually might have teeth somewhere deep inside there...


* feeling healthy enough to run the 15K tomorrow--I am so digging this long-distance running thing!


What's making you smile today?

6 comments:

James Yvonne and Elise said...

Lindsey
All of them are so darling. I love Haven's hair (it is so long). I love that Eli still loves to dress up in costumes. Good luck on your 15K!

Becky said...

the thought of punching you and Kristen for getting to do ANOTHER race without me. that makes me smile today. :)

Dave & Chels said...

Working out this morning, childless. It was refreshing! And I also love Haven's ponytail. Way to go on the 15K! You are amazing.

Los Alexander said...

...and we love the Servinos!!! You guys are wonderful...so good to see such a smiling group of kids!!! And Dave is just as good looking as I remember :) ha ha
-W+T

Leah Rainey said...

Love the post....so uplifting. OH, and Love the tree out back.

The Barbers said...

Your kids are getting so big! They are so cute! You inspire me with the whole running thing :)