Wednesday, March 31, 2010

I did it!

I did it! And I loved it! My goal was to run every step, and I did that. My time was 2:10:18, which, considering that most of the race we were running into a 20mph headwind, I was pretty pleased with. So...hooray! I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

My fearless and generous running buddy, Kristen. And yes, that wonderful, saintly woman on the left is another friend who ran the half marathon, and yes, she beat me. Is that awesome or what??


Dave and I after our races (he ran the 10K--his first road race, and his best-ever time at that mileage). The kids cheered for us as we finished...so precious.



I love this man. So much.


14 comments:

Melody C. Bondurant said...

Way to go Mama! The bug must be making it's way around. I've said before that I have no desire whatsoever to run any sort of marathon...yet, I've been feeling the itch.
Perhaps it's time to get out the running shoes. : )

marci said...

lindsey! Way to go! You look great by the way! But I think you always look great!

Addie said...

nice work Lindsey! You are an awesome mama! If you're in Astoria during the great columbia crossing that'd be fun to run together (you too Mel!)! I'm hoping to do that one this October.

Spencer and Shreann said...

Congratulations! What an accomplishment.

The Bergmans said...

way to go- we are so proud of both of you- J is up to run a half next weekend and is feeling inspired! I can hardly believe it!

bands said...

Awesome. Now go enjoy all those chocolate Easter eggs...it's totally justified after running such a long distance.

Mendy said...

You guys are awesome! Good time! I didn't realize half marathons took so long to run...now I am rethinking doing one...but way to go for running every step!

The Special Reds said...

Sorry Lindsey! "Mendy" is my mom--I'm in Utah, and I was signed into my mom's computer! oops!

The Barbers said...

That is SO awesome! I am in the process of training for a half...and I DO NOT run so you give me inspiration!! Congrats!

Hobbs Family said...

Way to go Lindsey! Seriously hot stuff. Was that Sister Anderson in the picture? Did she run to? HOLY COW!

Leah Rainey said...

Good Work Lindsey!!!!! Ever feel the need to run one in Oregon...let me know...we can train via email and run together!!!

Amanda said...

You are my hero! I'm so proud of you and jealous that you've attained one of my goals. You look radiant!

Peterson's said...

YOU ARE AWESOME!!! MY PERSONAL HERO!

JB said...

Lindsey, way to go! You're amazing and that is an amazing accomplishment. Thanks for your encouraging post about my race. Who would have that we would run half-marathons just a few weeks apart? That's pretty cool. I know the hard work that it takes to pull it off - way to go! You deserve all the praise! And, obviously, way to go to Dave, too! You guys inspired me during those last 3 miles - they were the toughest for me. And I though, "Lindsey can do it! I want to do it too!" Thanks for getting me through it!